NAS Electronic Bible Library

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 482
elnwood | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 3 2012 11:01 PM

The NAS Electronic Bible Library is supposed to be included with most Logos 5 packages, but it doesn't seem to be showing up, and unlike other resources I acquired in Logos 5, it's not showing up as owned.

http://www.logos.com/product/8734/nas-electronic-bible-library

Posts 1659
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 2:15 PM

elnwood:
it doesn't seem to be showing up

elnwood:
it's not showing up as owned.

By checking the website are any of it's individual resources showing up?

I made a Collection of these resources and named that Collection "NAS Electronic Bible Library'"

Then I was able to load that collection into a Passage Guide and include it in searches.

If I have misunderstood (ie if these resources are NOT even in your Library) please postback.

Also, "indexing" can take a long time to complete. Has the small blue indexing icon disappeared?

if there are more issues it might also help to let folks know which operating system you are using.

Regards, SteveF

Posts 482
elnwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 8:29 PM

No, it's individual components are not coming up. I really would like to have the Amplified Bible and La Biblia de las Americas, but they are neither in my library nor are they showing as owned on the web site.

Posts 9481
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 8:32 PM

I haven't upgraded yet so can neither confirm nor deny the existence of the NAS Library on my computer.

Looks like someone from Logos will need to give us an answer on this. If we don't hear in a day or so, a call to Customer Service might shed some light.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 26700
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 9:19 PM

elnwood:
No, it's individual components are not coming up.

Where did you get the impression that the NAS Library was in the L5 packages; being an L3 collection from 1999-2002?

Most of its resources are listed on the chart but not those two; which could mean that the publisher did not want them to be packaged, Logos did not want them included or it was an oversight...  Otherwise the Amplified will cost you $10 and La Biblia is $25.

I have all the resources from the original CD and the Amplified Bible has been updated to Logos4 format as well as the Concordance.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 482
elnwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 10:06 PM

Dave, I got that impression by looking at the the base package chart, under Bible Reference.

http://www.logos.com/comparison

Posts 2771
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 10:15 PM

I can confirm this (partially) for the original poster. It is listed on the comparison page under Bible Reference section. https://www.logos.com/comparison

I, myself, have most of the resources, however, La Biblia de las Americas (which is part of the NAS Electronic Bible Library) is not in my L5 library.

Posts 26700
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 10:27 PM

elnwood:
Dave, I got that impression by looking at the the base package chart, under Bible Reference.

My apologiesEmbarrassed

Have you tried restarting L5 or the update resources command?

That failing then I suggest you contact Logos Support, because you should get all the resources.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 325
Robert Wazlavek | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 10:33 PM

I can also confirm that I do not have all the resources from the NAS Electronic Bible Library.

This makes me wonder what else I might be missing.

Posts 9096
LogosEmployee

elnwood:

The NAS Electronic Bible Library is supposed to be included with most Logos 5 packages, but it doesn't seem to be showing up, and unlike other resources I acquired in Logos 5, it's not showing up as owned.

http://www.logos.com/product/8734/nas-electronic-bible-library

I've asked someone to look into this immediately. (I believe it's an error in the comparison chart, unfortunately, because I am unaware of any plans to include most of those resources in the base packages.)

Posts 482
elnwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 4:31 PM

Thanks, Bradley. <sigh> It's gone from the comparison chart now.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS