Logos 5 Base Packages

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 31
Doug Witmer | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 4 2012 6:25 AM

I'm more than a little disappointed in the new Logos 5 base packages. In the old scheme of things I had spent my way up to the Leader level, and was considering moving up to Scholar Gold. Now, under the new system, I find that I must spend $250 just to become a "Beginner". It's a real slap in the face if you ask me.

Doug Witmer

Posts 2278
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 6:31 AM

Hi Doug,

There has been some confusion on the forums as a result of the upgrade link not being immediately obvious. It may be worthwhile, therefore, just double checking the upgrade price via this link (ensuring, of course, that you are logged in),

http://www.logos.com/upgrade

If the price remains the same ($250) it may also be worthwhile quantifying precisely what new resources you will receive as a result of the upgrade. If this appears incorrect, I would then contact Sales directly.

I appreciate you may already be aware of this, but I thought it worth reiterating. Logos will not charge you twice for the same resource.

Posts 6484
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 6:31 AM

Nothing more than a name change Doug. You do not lose anything.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 31
Doug Witmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 11:08 AM

Hi Andy,

Using your link helped, but the page was still very confusing. At first blush it looked like I would be paying $294 for the "Starter" edition. But when I pulled the slider bar all the way to the bottom and then back up again an amazing thing happened. A new column appeared labeled "Your Price". So it turned out that my price for a "Starter" edition is only $60.00.

Thanks for your help.

Doug Witmer

Posts 2278
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 11:17 AM

Doug Witmer:

Using your link helped, but the page was still very confusing. At first blush it looked like I would be paying $294 for the "Starter" edition. But when I pulled the slider bar all the way to the bottom and then back up again an amazing thing happened. A new column appeared labeled "Your Price". So it turned out that my price for a "Starter" edition is only $60.00.

I am really glad it is better news.

The only thing I would add is to not rush into purchasing the Starter edition unless you are 100% it meets your needs. I agree that the upgrade chart is baffling and a little overwhelming at first glance. If you are unsure about anything, feel free to post further questions on the forums. Moreover, you may find it helpful to talk through the different options with someone in person by calling Sales.

I upgrade on Friday and, unusually for me, I called in person. The sales team are hugely helpful, understand their product and will strive to meet your needs.

May He guide you and bless you in your decision. Big Smile

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 1:33 PM

Lynden Williams:

Nothing more than a name change Doug.

Bzzzzz.  Try again, please.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS