Introduction to the Greek New Testament

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 251
Rod Bergen | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 4 2012 7:55 AM

In the Logos version of Bruce Metzger's, "A textual commentary on the Greek New Testament, second edition a companion volume to the United Bible Societies' Greek New Testament (4th rev. ed.)", he states:

For the abbreviations of the titles of the books of the Bible, and the sigla of manuscripts and early versions of the New Testament, see the Introduction in The Greek New Testament (fourth revised edition),

However, the Logos version of The Greek New Testament (fourth revised edition with morphology) does not contain the Introduction,

I thought that the Logos versions contained everything in the printed versions.

Am I wrong?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 8:24 AM

Taxee:

In the Logos version of Bruce Metzger's, "A textual commentary on the Greek New Testament, second edition a companion volume to the United Bible Societies' Greek New Testament (4th rev. ed.)", he states:

For the abbreviations of the titles of the books of the Bible, and the sigla of manuscripts and early versions of the New Testament, see the Introduction in The Greek New Testament (fourth revised edition),

However, the Logos version of The Greek New Testament (fourth revised edition with morphology) does not contain the Introduction,

I thought that the Logos versions contained everything in the printed versions.

Am I wrong?

The NA27 and USB4 are special cases. The German Bible Society does not let Logos include (in the base packages) the front matter and the apparatus. Those are separate purchases that for a long time were only available in the SESB package. Now you can get those things in the bundle http://www.logos.com/product/21066/german-bible-society-bundle-student-edition (there's a larger one too) or the UBS4 individually here http://www.logos.com/product/17646/the-greek-new-testament-fourth-revised-edition

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS