Crash L5 - Logs attached

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1077
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 4 2012 8:30 AM

I cannot even remember what I clicked on ... I was just looking for 'new toys'

The log suggests 'Too many open files', if I am reading it correctly ...I have had that one before under L4 Beta. I mention it here in the hopes that is may get fixed at some point.

Thanks.

1205.Logging.zip

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 4
Paul Chou | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 9:02 AM

Hello Everybody;

I have just installed Logos 5 in my Retina Mac Pro (256 GB SSD drive).

My problem is the overheat issue on the system. As soon as I invoke the Logos 5, I can see the temperature rise from 53 degree c all the way to way over 90 degree C.

Did any body in this environment experience this?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Paul

Posts 13369
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 9:08 AM

Paul Chou:
My problem is the overheat issue on the system. As soon as I invoke the Logos 5, I can see the temperature rise from 53 degree c all the way to way over 90 degree C.

When you first load Logos 5, it probably has some indexing to do, which uses a lot of CPU power, which will cause heating. The new MBP runs hotter than older versions, because it's using Ivy Bridge, a 22nm CPU. It can even go above 100 degrees: http://techreport.com/news/22859/why-is-ivy-bridge-so-hot-and-bothered

Once the indexing has completed, Logos will use less processing power, and you MBP won't heat to the same extent - unless you go certain processor intensive operations like complex searches, or run the guides.

Posts 1077
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 9:48 AM

L5 is using the full power of your machine Big Smile which will generate a bit of heat !

L4 only used about a quarter of my CPU ... indexing is now a little faster as a result.

As an observation .. I have two indexer icons in the menu bar ... both saying indexing 0% complete. I presume that they are working in tandem, and not indexing the same resources at the same time?

The Activity monitor is showing two different indexer threads.

Posts 1077
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 10:26 AM

And in watching this ... another (different crash) ... this time in the indexer ... one thread disappeared and the other went to a 0.5% CPU use.

Again ... amateur log reading looks at this: Unhandled Exception: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "/Users/Martin/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/coqgz8dq.9ly/UpdateManager/Resources/9263/lbs-morph-arc-hb.lbslem.lbsevp".

7331.Logging.zip

I wonder if this relates to my having to restart L5 all afternoon to force 'downloads of updates' ... and whether it also relates top the lack of Timelines and the Bible Sense Lexicon.

Posts 1077
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 10:26 AM

And in watching this ... another (different crash) ... this time in the indexer ... one thread disappeared and the other went to a 0.5% CPU use.

Again ... amateur log reading looks at this: Unhandled Exception: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "/Users/Martin/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/coqgz8dq.9ly/UpdateManager/Resources/9263/lbs-morph-arc-hb.lbslem.lbsevp".

7331.Logging.zip

I wonder if this relates to my having to restart L5 all afternoon to force 'downloads of updates' ... and whether it also relates top the lack of Timelines and the Bible Sense Lexicon.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS