Install: Error writing to file d:\logos4\system\AsyncStream.dll

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 44
David James | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 5 2012 6:56 AM
For some reason my upgrade to L5 is hanging with this problem and error message: "Error writing to file d:\logos4\system\AsyncStream.dll" (Retry / Cancel)

I checked the properties of the noted system folder and it was set to read-only (for some reason) - so I turned off that attribute - still had the problem.

I did the same for the entire Logos4 folder - no change - still get the error message.

Note: I am running Windows 8.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

UPDATE: I just went back in to check the properties on these folders and they reverted to Read-only - and actually, I discovered that if I check them immediately after it looks like it changes it by checking properties again, it is always remains as Read-Only. I also seem to be having some problems with setting permissions in security settings - so it looks like the problem my be in my folder system security.

Again, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Posts 44
David James | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:44 AM

Problem solved.

Called Logos support - it looks like setting the compatibility on the setup.exe to Run as Administrator is what did it. (Don't know why I didn't think of that as I had gone through and set all the permissions for everything else.)

Oh, well - up and running (and now downloading 1.3 Gb of updates!! (I only upgraded to Bronze - yikes!)

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:59 AM

Setting to run as admin, may (may, mind you) cause issues with upgrades in the future. if this happens post back and we will do our best to help clear it up.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 9054
LogosEmployee

TCBlack:

Setting to run as admin, may (may, mind you) cause issues with upgrades in the future.

Yes, fixing folder ownership (http://community.logos.com/forums/p/58781/418329.aspx#418329) is better.

(I'll work with our tech support department on this.)

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 3:29 AM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):
(I'll work with our tech support department on this.)
Thanks Bradley.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS