Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1
Canon Vincent Fenton | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 5 2012 2:42 PM

I own version 4 Scholars pack with a whole load of additional sets.  Does anyone know if the the Starter pack of version 5 would get me all the features of Logos 5?

Posts 1901
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 2:54 PM

No, Starter's would not.

Check towards the bottom of this page: http://www.logos.com/upgrade

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 2:55 PM

It will give you all the features you have in L4, plus some more, but not all the new ones. The Minimal Crossgrade may be a better option for you: Official: Minimum Crossgrade and free engine download are coming!

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 456
Roger Feenstra | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 2:59 PM

No.  For example, I don't believe you will get the Timeline or the Sermon Starter.  Go to Logos.com and click on the upgrades. Read the info and it will tell you that you are getting the bare bones minimum, so you will not be getting all of the features. The features begin showing up in the Bronze and Silver packages.

Elder/Pastor, Hope Now Bible Church, Fresno CA

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 3:07 PM

Rev Vincent Fenton:
I own version 4 Scholars pack with a whole load of additional sets.  Does anyone know if the the Starter pack of version 5 would get me all the features of Logos 5?
Peace to you Rev Vincent!                   *smile*

I just spent about 20 minutes on your question, looking at Logos.com Starter Sets.  I'm sorry I don't have an opinion for you right now and feel I must meditate a bit longer.  (I've been into Portfolio for a number of years, so I truly appreciate a large number of resourses.)  I think I have to investigate the Version 4 Scholar's Pack before I can share my feelings.

Hopefully, someone else may come along soon who is better prepared to share advice!            *smile*       Be patient right now, Dear Brother.  I think, frankly, the answer may or may not be Yes    ...    that the Version 5 Starter Pack, along with L4 Scholar's pack   ....      might do the trick.....              But, better to be safe than sorry, eh?       *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 4:49 PM

Rev Vincent!             *smile*                    Welcome again to the Logos Forums.  We try to help and support one another on these pages.

I've carefully considered my response to you.  I've been into Logos since around 1993 and have seen quite a number of programs and variations of programs.  I think I am one of Logos' biggest fans.  It's truly powerful Bible Software that can do so very many things.  The number and variety of resources is mind-boggling.

Logos 5, frankly, in my humble opinion is the very best of them all!  It will take you where you want to go!         Where is that?             Do you do original languages work?  Are you familiar with Biblical Languages?  Do you want to be?

Or, do you do lots and lots of counseling in your ministry?                  Or do you appreciate a good sermon-starter.             Wow!     The choices you have!  Don't be in too much of a hurry.  Talk to the fellow members of these forums and bounce your ideas off theirs.                  *smile*

So, basically, what do you want your Bible Software to do for you.  This is a great time to put together a really good package for yourself which obviously what you are trying to do; and I know I'm slowing you down.               So, after I sign off, I'll spend a few moments in prayer for you.         *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS