5.0 Service Release 4 (5.0.0.1835) available for download

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 5 2012 3:38 PM

5.0 Service Release 4 (5.0.0.1835) is available for download.

If you have Logos 5 installed and automatic updates turned on, 5.0 SR-4 will be downloaded automatically the next time your system checks for updates. To install it right away, enter the Update Now command.

Release Notes

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 4:48 PM

I have SR-2, when I enter Update Now command nothing happens (it tells me there are no updates available). What am i doing wrong???? Are these updates windows only?

-Dan

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 5:05 PM

Dan Francis:

I have SR-2, when I enter Update Now command nothing happens (it tells me there are no updates available). What am i doing wrong???? Are these updates windows only?

-Dan

Try "set update Chanel to default" and then do Update Now

Posts 687
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 5:17 PM

Philana Crouch:
Try "set update Chanel to default"

I hope that is a pun on Chanel No. *5* Big Smile

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 5:20 PM

Philana Crouch:

FYI, setting the update channel to any valid entry will always check for the latest version on that channel (typically "Default" or "Beta").

(No need to type Update Now after setting the update channel.)

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 5:24 PM

Philana Crouch:

"set update Chanel to default" Did not work but "set update Channel to default" did… Glad it was caught by someone else, copy and paste me would have said why isn;t this working not noticing the error :)

-Dan

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 5:33 PM

Oops...my iPads spell check can be too smart sometimes. 😏

Posts 214
Jeffrey S. Robison | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 5:48 PM

Tells me that no updates are available.

... then it proceeds to download 114.8 MB. I guess that is it. See soon.Smile

Posts 2
Philip Price | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 8:25 AM

Getting crashes constantly now that sr-4 was patched in (Had none before that). I deleted and reinstalled Logos 5 on my Win 8 x64 machine and will see if that fixes it for it.

The windows 7 x64 laptop seemed fine...until minutes ago and it crashed (I believe while indexing).

Never had trouble with any Logo 4 version.

Posts 2
Philip Price | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 8:34 AM

The window 7 64 bit crash may be unrelated. For the first time ever, something caused the logical volume, that logos and other things use, to "Disappear" [In two years with this laptop that never has happened). Rebooting resolved the disappearing  drive/logical volume. I

Also since doing a complete delete and reinstall of logos 5 on my desktop(Windows 8 64 bit), it hasn't crashed, so perhaps an earlier version of logos corrupted the database and I will not have anymore crashes. 

I probably should have waited a few weeks for logos to get the bugs out before upgrading. :). But hopefully all is fine now.

Posts 623
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 9:42 AM

I updated from sr-3 to sr-4 on windows 7 64 bit and have used it for about 45 minutes without any crashes

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS