Where do I find correct field names to be used in Library Filters?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 363
Wyn Laidig | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 6 2012 12:29 PM

Is there someplace that lists the correct field names to use in the Library Filters?

for example, MyTags must be "mytag:", but where is this listed?

What do I use for "last updated".  For example, "lastupdated:Yesterday" does not work.  What does?

How about "abbreviated title"? 

I am sure there must a list somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 12:31 PM

Search Fields that you can use in the Find box

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 363
Wyn Laidig | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 6:55 PM

TCBlack:

Thanks that is what I needed.  What about the Last Updated Field?  I think that was added since those instruction were written.  What is the syntax for filtering with "Last Updated", if that is possible?

Posts 5632
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 7:02 PM

Wyn Laidig:
Thanks that is what I needed.  What about the Last Updated Field?  I think that was added since those instruction were written.  What is the syntax for filtering with "Last Updated", if that is possible?

I don't think they added one for that column.  At least I haven't ever seen one.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 7:58 PM

Todd Phillips:
I don't think they added one for that column.  At least I haven't ever seen one.

Agree for L4. But L5? Has anyone tried different options? If it still isn't possible that ought to be pointed out as a bug of sorts.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 5632
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 8:00 PM

fgh:

Todd Phillips:

Agree for L4. But L5? Has anyone tried different options? If it still isn't possible that ought to be pointed out as a bug of sorts.

I tried a bunch before my first response.  No luck.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 2205
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 11:05 PM

Wyn Laidig:
What is the syntax for filtering with "Last Updated", if that is possible?

It's not supported yet. If there's a need for it, we could consider it. How would you envision using it?

Posts 27260
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 4:56 AM

Phil Gons:

Wyn Laidig:
What is the syntax for filtering with "Last Updated", if that is possible?

It's not supported yet. If there's a need for it, we could consider it. How would you envision using it?

lastupdated:>"7 Nov 2012"  or (more consistently)

lastupdated:>2012-11-07

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 5:43 AM

Dave Hooton:

lastupdated:>"7 Nov 2012"  or (more consistently)

lastupdated:>2012-11-07

I think Phil meant, "What would be the point?". What use would filtering have, when we can already sort?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS