Problem in Windows 8

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2
Philip Charles Warner | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 7 2012 4:47 PM

I recently upgraded to Windows 8 and then have not been able to install either the L4 upgrade, or my newly purchased L5.  I get a message 

Error writing to file: C:\.Users\Phil\AppData\Logos4\System\EVRPresenter.dll.  Verify that you have access to that directory

It has me mystified, currently waiting to hear from support team, need a solution

Posts 27918
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 5:41 PM

Try  http://wiki.logos.com/Fixing_Logos_4_folder_Ownership

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 907
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 5:49 PM

I had the same issue brother.  The fix was to uninstall Logos 4, and reinstall from scratch.  9.6gb download and overnight reindex.  Painful.

"I read dead people..."

Posts 204
David Salazar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 7:51 PM

Philip Charles Warner:

I recently upgraded to Windows 8 and then have not been able to install either the L4 upgrade, or my newly purchased L5.  I get a message 

Error writing to file: C:\.Users\Phil\AppData\Logos4\System\EVRPresenter.dll.  Verify that you have access to that directory

It has me mystified, currently waiting to hear from support team, need a solution

I had that happen to me... 

what solved it was right clicking the setup file and running as administrator.  Then no problems.  Hope it works for you.

Posts 27918
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 7:58 PM

David Salazar:

I had that happen to me... 

what solved it was right clicking the setup file and running as administrator.  Then no problems.

Except that you have to do it with every update. Just try the fix for folder ownership first. If that is not successful I can understand the reluctance to do a full reinstall, but that should fix it.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 2
Philip Charles Warner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 9:05 PM

Thanks for the input one and all, I did the right click and download as administrator thing and it did the trick

Posts 35
Sumair | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 14 2012 3:23 PM

Fixing the folder ownership didn't work but the run as admin did. Thank you! :)

- Sumair

theologyinsneakers.com - Evidence for things unseen.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS