Hi, please help! My Logos stops working everytime I open it

Here are the log files:

1884.Logos4.log

3857.Logos4Indexer.log

Thanks!!

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 7:10 PM

Jon, the first log file seems to show a problem trying to initiate something on your Home Page. Try opening Logos by holding down the CTRL key until a pop-up box appears, then select 'Open to a blank layout'. If that works, then see if you can get to the Home Page from there without crashing.

The indexer is shutting down almost immediately as it is trying to initialize the data type manager. That's the problem but I don't know the solution. Try the above first and let's see if we make progress there.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8
Jon Larsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 7:27 PM

Hi Mark, I have tried doing that and it still shuts down. When I login offline and with a blank page I can use it for a little bit longer (a couple of minutes) but eventually as I open different things it stops working again.

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 7:29 PM

Jon, tell me about the computer you are using.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8
Jon Larsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 7:45 PM

HP Envy 15 Notebook PC Intel Core 4GB Ram Windows 7 Home Premium

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 8:02 PM

Jon Larsen:
HP Envy 15 Notebook PC Intel Core 4GB Ram Windows 7 Home Premium

The HP Envy has a good reputation. Do you know what the processor is and what your video RAM is?

On another note, please keep attaching the Logos.log files after each crash. Don't restart Logos until you .zip up the file. You can accumulate a few and send them on one posting if you want. Why do this? Because if this is a hardware issue it will often show up by the fact that something different crashes the system each time.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8
Jon Larsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 8:43 PM

I'm not sure sorry Mark.

Ok I have done a few different tests. The log files are below. The only thing I've found that does work is if I open up Logos offline and on the blank screen. I can use the library the search etc. but as soon as I click on Home or Tools it will stop working again.

2110.Logos4a.log

6560.Logos4Indexera.log

7838.Logos4b.log

1362.Logos4Indexerb.log

8831.Logos4c.log

2451.Logos4Indexerc.log

2671.Logos4d.log

1376.Logos4Indexerd.log

Thanks so much Mark!

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 8:57 PM

Jon, actually that seems helpful. The Logos crashes are almost all for different things, but the Indexer crashes are all the same.

Try opening up Windows Task Manager (CTRL-SHIFT-ESC) and switching to the Processes tab. Then start Logos and watch for a startup of LogosIndexer.exe. If it starts (and it seems it will) end that process as quickly as you can. Work with Logos and see if it stays open longer or without crashing. Watch to see LogosIndexer doesn't start up again. Kill it if it does (it shouldn't).

Try going to the Home Page. Again, send new log files along with your follow-up info.

I'll be going offline here soon, but I will look in tomorrow and see how you've progressed.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8
Jon Larsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 9:33 PM

Hi Mark, I have tried doing what you said but it didn't make a difference. The same things kept happening. When the indexing has stopped message comes up it seems to disappear itself anyway without me pressing close or cancel so I think it closes itself down anyway?

Here are the new log files:

4152.Logos4e.log

1832.Logos4Indexere.log

4863.Logos4f.log

6215.Logos4Indexerf.log

7674.Logos4g.log

[View:http://community.logos.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/76/6786.Logos4Indexerg.log:550:0

][View:http://community.logos.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/76/1321.Logos4h.log:550:0

]2438.Logos4Indexerh.log

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 7:07 AM

Jon, 

I can't speak for Mark but I think this is one you're going to have to call Logos technical Support on if you can.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 7:21 AM

Jon Larsen:

I agree that you'll need to call tech support to solve the indexer problem.

The Logos4 problem might have a workaround, if you work offline (did you try that?). Hold the CTRL key as Logos starts up and select "Work offline." This may or may not work. But since there is a lot of sync activity going on when Logos4 shuts down, this may be a part of the problem that is causing Logos4 to crash (not with the indexer, though). It's worth a try, unless you're already in touch with tech support - which you'll want to do anyway.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 7:42 AM

Jon, the same indexer issue continues. As the others have suggested, Logos tech support will have to sort this out. If you can point them to this thread they will be able to see what is going on.

Please let us know if things get fixed and what was done.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 27903
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 10:29 PM

Jon Larsen:
Hi, please help! My Logos stops working everytime I open it

Jon

You are using a truly old version 4.0a of Logos and you need to update to the latest version 4.6a via this link http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/LDLS4Installer/Logos4Setup.exe

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 8
Jon Larsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 12:57 AM

Hey Dave. when I click on the link it says HTTP 403 forbidden.

Posts 27903
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 1:53 AM

See this page  http://www.logos.com/support/logos4/install

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 27
David Philip Speas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 10:34 PM

Having similar problem on my Envy after system recovery.  Just reinstalled OS on SSD to run faster but cannot seem to get Logos 4 to work after startup.  Every time the home page appears, it freezes and windows shuts it down.  Tried changing AppData/...Guide...didn't work either. I'm guessing its a simple fix.

hp envy 17, i7 3rd gen, 8 ram, ...(I have run Logos on my old HHD before fine)

Posts 27
David Philip Speas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 10:40 PM

PS> Opens in blank layout for short time before crashing...if that helps.

Posts 27903
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 3:21 AM

David Philip Speas:

PS> Opens in blank layout for short time before crashing...if that helps.

If you looked at the other posts you will see that logs are needed. Please read this carefully http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging and upload error logs + logos4.log after a crash.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 27
David Philip Speas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 6:33 AM

Sorry about that.  I would have included those, but thought that I wouldn't have any since I couldn't run it in the first place.  I've inlcuded "Logos4, Logos4Crash, Logos4Error, Logos4Indexer in that order.  Thanks for the help!

50280.Logos4.log

53234.Logos4Crash.txt

3146.Logos4Error.log

15174.Logos4Indexer.log

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS