A problem with Biblical People #2

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 27 2009 9:58 AM

I'm sorry I've been playing around with the Biblical People guide and found this:

But most commentaries don't associate this Salome (the daughter of Herodias & Philip) with the woman who witnessed the resurrection and brought spices to the tomb, but rather see her as the daughter who danced before Herod. Am I not right in thinking that Biblical Places is a bit out of step on this one?

Posts 34432
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 11:53 AM

Yes, there are a number of errors in the data (but not too many) for Logos to fix as we point them out. Continue playing - it helps all of us.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 30 2010 12:40 AM

Stephen Thorp:

I'm sorry I've been playing around with the Biblical People guide and found this:

But most commentaries don't associate this Salome (the daughter of Herodias & Philip) with the woman who witnessed the resurrection and brought spices to the tomb, but rather see her as the daughter who danced before Herod. Am I not right in thinking that Biblical Places is a bit out of step on this one?

Hi Logos. I know you are busy, but can we have this error corrected please. It's been a while since it was first noticed. Thanks!.  

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 30 2010 4:52 AM

Stephen,

Have you reported this error via email? Sometimes a forum post can slip by unnoticed. data@logos.com is the correct place to submit problems with Biblical People.

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 30 2010 6:05 AM

Kevin Becker:

Stephen,

Have you reported this error via email? Sometimes a forum post can slip by unnoticed. data@logos.com is the correct place to submit problems with Biblical People.

Thanks Kevin for your timely reply. Yes I contacted logos by email back in January when I first heard about the email address, but I'll try again.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 30 2010 7:32 AM

Stephen Thorp:

Thanks Kevin for your timely reply. Yes I contacted logos by email back in January when I first heard about the email address, but I'll try again.

I've filed a case directly as well to see if it should be corrected.

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 30 2010 1:00 PM

Melissa Snyder:
I've filed a case directly as well to see if it should be corrected.

Thanks Melissa - much appreciated!

Posts 1011
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 2 2010 9:44 AM

This bug has been corrected internally, but it's taken us a while to get the fix released and shipped out as an update.

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 2 2010 10:29 AM

Sean Boisen:
This bug has been corrected internally, but it's taken us a while to get the fix released and shipped out as an update.

Great news! Thank you. Smile

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS