Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 442
Tim Engwer | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 8 2012 12:48 PM

Cannot figure out how to lookup a word in Naves or other topical resources.  I click on a blank area and a find box drops down.  I type in a topic I know is in there and it always says "Reference Not Recognized".  Can anyone help with this?

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 12:52 PM

Tim, that is strange. As I type I get info in the drop-down box to choose from:

Deleted

EDIT: Sorry, Tim, didn't see you were using an Android device. (It obviously works on the PC.)

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 12:54 PM

Peace, Tim!            Could you give us an example; and we'll get to bat for you right away     !!!                      *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 2762
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 1:06 PM

I can confirm this as well. In "The New Nave's Topical Bible" on the Android, if you tap on the Bible, a search box appears. When you enter a topic in the resulting search box (Jesus, Grace, Sin, etc.), the only thing that returns is "Reference not recognized". I'm not sure of the solution, but can confirm the issue.

Posts 442
Tim Engwer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 1:34 PM

I guess since I'm not the only one it is either a bug or that search box is meant to do something else?  As I said you just tap on a blank area or swipe down with your finger and a search box drops down (the same one that drops down for any resource).  For a Bible I just type in a bible reference and it works fine but with the Naves and other books it does not seem to work properly.

Posts 462
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 1:53 PM

I too, could not use the search box. If you type a passage into it it will bring it up in your preferred Bible.  To find a listing in Nave's you can tap on the symbol beside the box which opens the index and then go to the appropriate entry.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 2:32 PM

It works perfectly on my desktop.  On my iPad2 it works the same way you describe how it works on the android.         Sorry I couldn`t help.     Peace to all!      *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 13 2012 2:16 PM

Tim Engwer:

Cannot figure out how to lookup a word in Naves or other topical resources.  I click on a blank area and a find box drops down.  I type in a topic I know is in there and it always says "Reference Not Recognized".  Can anyone help with this?

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the report.  I'll write up a case for our Development department.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS