Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 17
Rick L. Cooper | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 27 2009 4:27 PM

Does Logos 4 work with windows 7?

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 4:28 PM

Rick,

It does...and very nicely I might add....

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 27461
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 11:01 PM

We need a "sticky" thread entitled "YES, Logos4 works very well with Windows 7" !

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 11:48 PM

Dave Hooton:

We need a "sticky" thread entitled "YES, Logos4 works very well with Windows 7" !

And one that says "Yes, it works with 64bit Vista & Win7"

And another one that says "No we can't print search results, or clippings yet, but it's coming soon."

And one that says "Sometimes Logos4 works slower than it should. We don't know why."

And one that says "Indexing can take hours the first time through. Yes we mean hours. Really. Multiple hours. Honest."

And one that says "Yes, all your resources from Logos3 can be read in Logos4, except PBB's but there coming too."

And one that says "Hey, don't just complain, ask for help, please be specific. Who knows, it's probably easier than you think."

And one that says "Have you tried looking in the wiki and the FAQ's?"

And one that says "If you are a Logos 3 power user, expect Logos 4 to be a major adjustment, you may not like it at first, but we're sure you'll like it the more you use it. Give it a try."

(Okay, that last one was a bit long.)

Sometimes, answering the same questions and dealing with the same dynamics over and over again, gets a bit tiresome, I must admit. And most people are very gracious and eager to make L4 work for them. Then there are those few . . .

It's late, I should really get to bed.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 671
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 2:15 AM

After installing Logos 4 what happens if you upgrade from Vista to Windows 7?

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 4:14 AM

Michael Lyman:

Nothing different. click the L4 icon that will already exist in 7 in your off and running.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 8:40 AM

Michael Lyman:

I did this and it worked great. (Vista Home Premium 64bit to Win7 Home Premium 64bit) I didn't even have to reformat my hard drive. But I did have to update a lot of my other drivers (printer and sound). It took several reboots after completing the upgrade for Windows to find everything it needed.

Please print out the instructions Windows gives you about drivers that need to be uninstalled, so that you'll know what to reinstall later.

And, of course, back up all your essential data and settings before upgrading. You never know.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS