Min Cross Grade Is Live

Page 3 of 6 (120 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 119 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 98
Joshua Coady | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 6:34 PM

David Shaw:

Not complaining at all.  I am quite happy with the cross-grade, I can't really afford to get to L5 Silver by any route.  

I just found it interesting that the total cost to upgrade to L5 Silver goes up A-LOT post cross-grade.  I can understand a slight increase in cost for the "two-step" route over just upgrading directly.  But this way it would be $250+ more.  It seems that after paying for the cross-grade, if one were, for some reason, to upgrade to L5 Silver it would be reduced by the cost of the cross-grade or at least some factor of the cross-grade.  After all, one would have just added a certain amount of resources and data sets to the L5 package.  With all the issues the upgrade calculator has been through in the last two weeks, I wonder if this is a possible issue/unforeseen or unintended consequence.

Again, I love this product and I am happy with this Logos 5. 

This is because the L4 -> L5 discounts are 15-25% while the L5 -> L5 discounts are only 5-15%.

Posts 9117
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 6:34 PM

David Shaw:
 With all the issues the upgrade calculator has been through in the last two weeks, I wonder if this is a possible issue/unforeseen or unintended consequence.

Could well be. Maybe someone from Logos can shed some light on this.

It could also be that you are now considered an owner of an upgrade package and the discounts to other packages are now lower than they were before you upgraded. This is the way it works for those who've upgraded and then decide to upgrade further. The discounts have gone down and it costs more.

EDIT: I see Joshua was already thinking this way. The only question that remains is, did Logos intend to treat Minimum Crossgrade only buyers as having upgraded in the same way as those who buy a package? If so, this is information that some people would want to have before deciding whether to go Silver now or later (or some other package) and in the meantime use the Minimum Crossgrade.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2375
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 6:37 PM

Phil Gons:

Ronald Quick:
I upgraded to Silver earlier this week and the cost for me is $6.80

I'll let you in on a little secret. There is something preventing us from setting the correct price for Minimal Crossgrade for Logos 5 Silver users (which will get you the Bible Senses database). We're working to adjust it. In the meantime, you're getting a really extra great deal. If you're on the fence, don't wait. :)

Thanks Phil.

Posts 41
David Shaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 6:42 PM

Joshua,

This would account for the price differentials I am seeing.  Thanks for helping to clear this up.

Posts 41
David Shaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 6:44 PM

L5 Cross-grade.

Posts 98
Joshua Coady | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 6:57 PM

David Shaw:

Joshua,

This would account for the price differentials I am seeing.  Thanks for helping to clear this up.

I should have noted in my post that it is my assumption based on my experience -- not based on any "inside" info. Embarrassed

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 7:37 PM

Tom Castle:

KpK:

I just wanted to know the cost. I'm curious that was all. If you took my upgrade which was the Diamond package away, I would be left with Logos 4... so it would be 159.00 for me then. 

Not necessarily. I only had Logos 4... Scholars with a bunch of add-ons that I added individually. My minimal crossgrade price was around $149.

And mine's $107.70.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 177
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 7:59 PM

David Shaw:

I upgraded from L4 Scholars to the min. cross-grade (full price) and now If I want to upgrade to L5 Silver is is $550.69.  Before the Min. cross grade is was $453 and change.  It seems that the upgrade path in two steps is about $250 more than a one-time upgrade from L4 Scholars to L5 Silver in one step.  

Yep, the same for me. I've posted this elsewhere: "The upgrade calculator definitively seems to be broken. It now correctly says that "You own Logos 5 Minimal Crossgrade" but it no longer seems to take into account my previously owned packages. As a result the upgrades to Bronze and above are significantly higher than they were before the Crossgrade purchase."

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Posts 2
John Erickson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 9:19 PM

Hi guys, I downloaded the full minimum crossgrade and I can't seem to find the Bible sense lexicon or timeline feature. The tutorial says that it should be under "Tools," but all I see there is Bible Facts. Am I doing something wrong? I paid the full $160 so it isn't that I selected the wrong option. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Posts 9117
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 9:24 PM

John Erickson:
Hi guys, I downloaded the full minimum crossgrade and I can't seem to find the Bible sense lexicon or timeline feature.

I'll bet indexing is still going on. If so, when it is complete you should see these features.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2
John Erickson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 9:28 PM

Ah, should have figured. You are right. Now that I looked at the icon on my task bar it says that it is 59% complete. Glad it was a simple mistake and not that sinking feeling when you realize that you can only utilize a handful of the awesome features of Logos. Thanks so much for your quick reply!

Posts 1846
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 9:37 PM

Alan Bester:

David Shaw:

I upgraded from L4 Scholars to the min. cross-grade (full price) and now If I want to upgrade to L5 Silver is is $550.69.  Before the Min. cross grade is was $453 and change.  It seems that the upgrade path in two steps is about $250 more than a one-time upgrade from L4 Scholars to L5 Silver in one step.  

Yep, the same for me. I've posted this elsewhere: "The upgrade calculator definitively seems to be broken. It now correctly says that "You own Logos 5 Minimal Crossgrade" but it no longer seems to take into account my previously owned packages. As a result the upgrades to Bronze and above are significantly higher than they were before the Crossgrade purchase."

Alan and David, see my response on another thread.

Posts 25276
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 9:50 PM

David Shaw:

L5 Cross-grade.

If you see Phil's post above you are being treated as a L5 base package owner and getting the lower discounts compared to being treated as a L4 base package owner. That status may change, though!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 41
David Shaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 9:57 PM

Thanks Dave.  I think I understand more now.

Posts 41
David Shaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 10:00 PM

Phil Gons:

Alan Bester:

David Shaw:

Alan and David, see my response on another thread.

Phil,  thanks for your good response. I will keep watching the forums and see if anything changes. 

Posts 3941
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 10:33 PM

Joshua Coady:

David Shaw:

Not complaining at all.  I am quite happy with the cross-grade, I can't really afford to get to L5 Silver by any route.  

I just found it interesting that the total cost to upgrade to L5 Silver goes up A-LOT post cross-grade.  I can understand a slight increase in cost for the "two-step" route over just upgrading directly.  But this way it would be $250+ more.  It seems that after paying for the cross-grade, if one were, for some reason, to upgrade to L5 Silver it would be reduced by the cost of the cross-grade or at least some factor of the cross-grade.  After all, one would have just added a certain amount of resources and data sets to the L5 package.  With all the issues the upgrade calculator has been through in the last two weeks, I wonder if this is a possible issue/unforeseen or unintended consequence.

Again, I love this product and I am happy with this Logos 5. 

This is because the L4 -> L5 discounts are 15-25% while the L5 -> L5 discounts are only 5-15%.

Bronze was 440 before the crossgrade, and is now 200, silver was 600+ and is now 401$... For me it was a net decrease in price, with the same discount schedule as before.

Perhaps your case is an unfortunate glitch (or perhaps mine is a fortunate one).

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 11:05 PM

Phil Gons:

Ronald Quick:

I'll let you in on a little secret. There is something preventing us from setting the correct price for Minimal Crossgrade for Logos 5 Silver users (which will get you the Bible Senses database). We're working to adjust it. In the meantime, you're getting a really extra great deal. If you're on the fence, don't wait. :)

Wait... wait? Who's waiting Stick out tongue

I happened to see this post at 4:00AM, upgraded to Silver then got the Minimal Cross-grade for € 4.80. Already all installed and indexed.

"I want to know all God's thoughts; the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein

Posts 4
John Jordan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 11:27 PM

Thanks Logos, I definitely plan to get this.  To me, going from 4 to 5 with all new functionality of 5 is an upgrade but whatever you want to call it for marketing purposes doesn't matter to me.  Smile So, effectively you increased my planned business of upgrading my V4 Bible Study Library to the $159 Crossgrade, instead of the $70 Starter.  Bronze never was an option due to budget.  (some day, hopefully)  Blessings to you.

Posts 187
Anthony Etienne | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 12:44 AM

Phil Gons:

Ronald Quick:

You are quite right Phil, I was expecting to pay 19.95 for the crossgrade; in order to get the Bible Sense database. I previously upgraded to L5 Silver about a week or so ago; so $6.64 is ok with me Cool.

Posts 93
Andreas Holmberg | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 12:57 AM

Kim Pagel:

I have Crossgrade Fever. Mark, your video sold me!

Where is Marks video to be found?

Pastor in Stockholm, Church of Sweden

Page 3 of 6 (120 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS