Min Cross Grade Is Live

Page 5 of 6 (120 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
This post has 119 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 8:14 AM

Adam Turner:

Got it - that's really weird that those datasets and features wouldn't be included in a $270 upgrade package...

It depends how you look at it. The L4 to L5 Silver upgrade is actually a resource (books) increase + part of the data sets, about to 70% and really shouldn't be considered an 'upgrade' but an expansion. To get all the data sets one would need to be on Logos 5 Gold or above. Gold costs a lot of money.

The Crossgrade is actually the real 'upgrade' from L4 to L5 and is priced attractively. However for the best bang-for-buck a lot of people are going to L5 Silver then getting the Crossgrade. If one buys the Crossgrade after the Logos 5 Silver 'expansion' then the Crossgrade price drops to about $6.

It's a good deal. The whole naming of L4 collections vs L5 collections and 'upgrading' has confused a lot of people, you're not alone.

Recommendation: 'upgrade' to Logos 5 Silver then do real upgrade to Logos 5 Crossgrade.

"I want to know all God's thoughts; the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein

Posts 240
Steve Clevenger | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 9:26 AM

Is there a free L5 engine upgrade?

Thanks

Posts 10311
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 9:29 AM

Steve Clevenger:

There will be one, but probably not before Christmas.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 9:46 AM

Patrick S.:
If one buys the Crossgrade after the Logos 5 Silver 'expansion' then the Crossgrade price drops to about $6.

WARNING: That   $7  price is not supposed to last. The correct price was $25 but there were problems with website display.

I would get it now if I were you. PHIL GONS reported on another thread that Logos will honor the $7 price until they get the web display fixed.

Regards, SteveF

Posts 9118
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 10:10 AM

Steve Clevenger:

Logos said it would be available 1st quarter, 2013.

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/59759/425345.aspx#425345

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 448
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 10:25 AM

Well, I got the minimal and now all packages show a substantial increase and I WAS an L4 Scholar's owner...

Oh well...

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 10:30 AM

Bill Cook:
Well, I got the minimal and now all packages show a substantial increase and I WAS an L4 Scholar's owner...

This may have been a(another) un-intended glitch.

Phil Gons was going to re-visit it today.

Because you bought the "Minimum" first it now sees you as an L5 "base set" owner and you thereby now only qualify for a lower % on up-grades.

If this is not corrected soon, and you did wish to get a package, then call Logos.

Either ask for a better price OR cancel the upgrade to Minimal.

Then buy the desired package.

THEN get the minimal. It will then cost you less, also.

Hope this is clear.

Regards, SteveF

Posts 9118
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 10:32 AM

Bill Cook:

As has been noted elsewhere, that is because at this point Logos treats you as having upgraded to L5 and you have lost the larger discounts that you saw coming from L4. We've been told Logos is discussing if this is in fact what they want to happen. I, for one, would like to see the discounts restored. It seems unfair not to know this ahead of time, and unfair to not take into account your purchase of the MC in further upgrade pricing.

EDIT: Steve gave you a more complete answer. If you did want to upgrade, do as he suggested, cancel MC.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 448
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 10:49 AM

Thanks, I was in a hurry when I posted before... I WAS a Scholar's Gold owner in L4....

Posts 73
Bill Bougie | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 10:58 AM

For those that have the L4 Bible Study Library...I upgraded from it to L5 Starter for $66 last week and last night purschased the MC for $99.  So a few dollars more than the $160 MC.  I think I received a one or two new resources with the L5 Starter upgrade but I'm not sure.  Either way, still a great price.

Posts 448
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 12:14 PM

I had L4 Scholar's Gold, bought minimal crossgrade for $135.xx...  If I ever do want to upgrade to a package, I must start all over again. I kind of feel like a minimal customer, now...after spending over $1800.00.

Posts 397
T Gerold Castle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 12:47 PM

Bill Cook:

I had L4 Scholar's Gold, bought minimal crossgrade for $135.xx...  If I ever do want to upgrade to a package, I must start all over again. I kind of feel like a minimal customer, now...after spending over $1800.00.

Bill,

Where does the idea that you 'have to start all over again' come from? In order for that to be the case, wouldn't you have had to experience a loss of what you started with before? What have you lost? The title of your package? Did they take any resources from you? 

This kinda thinking baffles me. I thought about preaching, "What's in a Title?" Sunday but my congregation doesn't read these forums... HAHA.

Peace, my brother. You're not a second hand citizen in the Logos hierarchy. You have the SAME package you had before.... Only, now, you have the brand new, shiny Logos 5 feature set to go along with it. That, by any definition, is an UPGRADE.

Enjoy.

In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle
**If we will do God's work, in God's way, at God's time, with God's power, we shall have God's blessings!!**

Posts 41
David Shaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 12:48 PM

Bill Bougie:

For those that have the L4 Bible Study Library...I upgraded from it to L5 Starter for $66 last week and last night purschased the MC for $99.  So a few dollars more than the $160 MC.  I think I received a one or two new resources with the L5 Starter upgrade but I'm not sure.  Either way, still a great price.

Bill did you have any additional resources added to you library?  This could significantly alter your upgrade pricing.

Thanks,

Posts 634
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 12:55 PM

David Sawyer:

Same for me, Mark's new video clinched it!

What is the link to Mark's video.

Pastor Michael Huffman, Th.A Th.B Th.M

Posts 9118
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 12:57 PM

Pastor Michael Huffman:
What is the link to Mark's video.

It's here: http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_5_Video_Tutorials

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 448
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 1:01 PM

Tom Castle:
Where does the idea that you 'have to start all over again' come from? In order for that to be the case, wouldn't you have had to experience a loss of what you started with before? What have you lost? The title of your package? Did they take any resources from you?

Well, I am not worried about a title - like "Gold user". But, here is what I see - before the crossgrade, the L5 Gold for me was $500.xx. But, that was more than I could do. I got the minimal crossgrade for $135.xx. Now, each package has increased, not decreased. Now, the Gold is $575.00 for me. So, it looks like I lost $135.xx + ($575 - $500 = $$75) or about $200.xx if I wanted to upgrade to Gold again... It seems like Gold should now be $365 instead of $575.

Posts 9118
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 1:11 PM

Bill Cook:
Well, I am not worried about a title - like "Gold user". But, here is what I see - before the crossgrade, the L5 Gold for me was $500.xx. But, that was more than I could do. I got the minimal crossgrade for $135.xx. Now, each package has increased, not decreased. Now, the Gold is $575.00 for me. So, it looks like I lost $135.xx + ($575 - $500 = $75) or about $200.xx if I wanted to upgrade to Gold again... It seems like Gold should now be $365 instead of $575.

That is an issue in how Logos handles the Minimal Crossgrade that they are still discussing. It seems unfair to have bought the functionality and datasets in other packages and not receive credit for them proportional to what you paid for them. The other issue is that Logos treats you as someone who has upgraded to L5 and therefore your discounts for further upgrades diminish. Logos is discussing this issue. I hope a change will be made for you and all the others who have seen this disparity in pricing.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 18
Bruce Cullom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 1:28 PM

** The Crossgrade is actually the real 'upgrade' from L4 to L5 and is priced attractively. However for the best bang-for-buck a lot of people are going to L5 Silver then getting the Crossgrade. If one buys the Crossgrade after the Logos 5 Silver 'expansion' then the Crossgrade price drops to about $6. **

That's correct. I upgraded from L 4 Scholars to L 5 Silver and got all of the new Data Sets with the exception of the Bible Sense Lexicon (which comes with L 5 Gold and up -- an additional $500 over L5 Silver). I then purchased the Bible Sense Lexicon Data Set for $6.18 as an add-on to L 5 Silver. The entire expense was only about what Logos wanted (previously) to upgrade me from L 4 Scholars to L4 Silver (not L 5).

So one way to look at it is -- I  upgraded from Basic Scholars L 4 to Silver L 5 an got the L5 Framework and ALL of the new Data Sets (essentially) for free (after I purchased the Bible Sense Lexicon for $6.18 an an add-on).

If you are thinking about upgrading at all from L 4 Scholars to L 5 Silver, be sure you purchase L 5 Silver BEFORE you purchase the Minimal Cross grade (for the single lacking Data Set) -- it will be cheaper that way.

Posts 25288
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 1:33 PM

Bill Cook:
Now, each package has increased, not decreased. Now, the Gold is $575.00 for me.

As an L4 package owner you got 15 - 20% promotional discount. After the Crossgrade you only get  0 - 5% discount and the discounted value of the MC features is lower than $135 because of the lower cost per resource overall in Gold.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2376
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 1:49 PM

SteveF:

Patrick S.:
If one buys the Crossgrade after the Logos 5 Silver 'expansion' then the Crossgrade price drops to about $6.

WARNING: That   $7  price is not supposed to last. The correct price was $25 but there were problems with website display.

I would get it now if I were you. PHIL GONS reported on another thread that Logos will honor the $7 price until they get the web display fixed.

Here is the quote from Phil

"I'll let you in on a little secret. There is something preventing us from setting the correct price for Minimal Crossgrade for Logos 5 Silver users (which will get you the Bible Senses database). We're working to adjust it. In the meantime, you're getting a really extra great deal. If you're on the fence, don't wait. :)"

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/59773.aspx?PageIndex=2

Page 5 of 6 (120 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS