This post has 26 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 8481
LogosEmployee

Ryan B.:

The advice I've been given from logos is to try (in the following order):

1. Reinstall .NET 4.5

2. Reinstall Windows

3. Buy a European version of Windows 7 or upgrade to Windows 8

It's unlikely that any of these troubleshooting steps will help; please don't bother doing them. (I'll follow up with Tech Support to make sure they're not being recommend when not appropriate.)

Posts 819
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 17 2013 5:20 PM

I really haven't ever used this feature since playing with it when I bought it eons ago, but I just noticed that it does not work on mine, either. I installed it on my backup PC and it works fine. Is there anything I could do to help the discussion here?

Lew

Posts 627
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2013 4:49 AM

Hi Lew,

I've been in talks with development over the past 6-8 weeks or so. They are planning on changing the way that Logos plays sounds so that this problem will be fixed once and for all. It is expected that this change will roll out in a beta release in the next few weeks or so and than after that to a stable release but things can always change.

Posts 819
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2013 5:26 AM

Thanks, Ryan!

Since I posted this, I did learn a few things about my particular situation. It seems to have something to do with my HDMI configuration, but I have not been able to find settings to correct the problem (at least not using HDMI). Therefore, I'll be all for a change in the way this sound is done. Smile

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 10:54 AM

This issue should be fixed in 4.6c Beta 1 and in 5.1 Beta 1 for beta testers, and in general when 4.6c and 5.1 ship to the stable channel. 

Posts 627
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 11:02 AM

Thanks for the update Brisa. We appreciate it.

Posts 627
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 2:16 PM

I just wanted to give an update in case anyone else has had this problem as well.

Unfortunately the upgrade to 5.1 did not help my situation. However, Ryan Gano (who went leaps and bounds above the call of duty to help me) helped me discover that I could fix my problem by downloading the Fraunhofer MPEG Layer-3 Audio Decoder. (http://www.free-codecs.com/mpeg_layer_3_codec_download.htm).

I'd just like to publicly thank Ryan for his endless patience as he helped me solve this frustrating problem. Ryan, Logos is lucky to have you. Thank you very much!

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS