$159?!?!?!?!?

Page 2 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 47 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 64
Richard Koons | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 1:23 PM

Thanks Mark

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 1:57 PM

Mark, you say there is a problem with the pricing. Does that mean when I see the 160.00 for the crossgrade, I should be waiting or maybe you can clarify. Thanks!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 2:30 PM

Bootjack:
Does that mean when I see the 160.00 for the crossgrade, I should be waiting or maybe you can clarify.

If upgrading from a Logos 4 base package to a Logos 5 base package, the upgrade calculation has an additional promotional discount for same and higher packages, up to 30 % for Portfolio.  After upgrading to a Logos 5 minimal crossgrade, the additional promotional discount for Logos 4 base package is no longer included when pricing upgrade to a larger package.

Incrementally upgrading a Logos library is more expensive.  My order history includes 7 upgrades; would have been a bit less expensive if had done fewer upgrades.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 2:46 PM

Bootjack:

Mark, you say there is a problem with the pricing. Does that mean when I see the 160.00 for the crossgrade, I should be waiting or maybe you can clarify. Thanks!

The crossgrade price is correct. It's the upgrade price to an L5 base package that's iffy, if you've already got the crossgrade. If you're only going to crossgrade, then you can go right ahead. If you're going to upgrade AND crossgrade, then at the moment you should upgrade first, then crossgrade.

(In case you're interested, the problem is caused because Logos offers you a discount when you upgrade to L5 (between 15% and 25%). At the moment, if you crossgrade, you lose the ability to get that discount on a future upgrade.

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 5:10 PM

Thanks for the reply(s) and clarification. Very helpful!   :-)

Posts 218
Dennis Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 5:59 PM

I went ahead with the Minimal cross grade option and all I'm going to say without accusation or slander toward anyone is so far I'm not seeing the supposed performance improvements on the Mac. Menu selections, layout views and wiki homepage are still sluggish and take to long to load. Going to give them a chance though that it's just early issues that still need resolved. In some instances I think L4 was getting better than what I've got now.

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 6:06 PM

Thanks for the encouragement Dennis! I'm presently downloading it - and to my knowledge, there's no way to reverse that!!!???  :-)

I'm using Windows 8, so let's see what happens. I've got a bottle of Ativan close by plus a Fire Extinguisher should my nerves pop or this Laptop burst into a ball of flame!!!  :

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 6:11 PM

Bootjack:
I'm presently downloading it - and to my knowledge, there's no way to reverse that!!!???  :-)

If have not installed Logos 5, the installer can be deleted after download.

Personally have two Logos 4.6a SR-2 installations, which am planning to use with Logos 4.6b beta releases.  Thankful for Logos 5.0a Beta 2 on OS X 10.8.2 and Windows 7.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 6:19 PM

I've downloaded Logos 5 - Logos has come up and still shows version 4.6a SR-2. Presently it is indexing. What goes here - where is version 5?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 6:21 PM

Dennis Miller:

I went ahead with the Minimal cross grade option and all I'm going to say without accusation or slander toward anyone is so far I'm not seeing the supposed performance improvements on the Mac. Menu selections, layout views and wiki homepage are still sluggish and take to long to load. Going to give them a chance though that it's just early issues that still need resolved. In some instances I think L4 was getting better than what I've got now.

With two user accounts, personally have Logos 4.6a SR-2 and Logos 5.0a Beta 2 on OS X 10.8.2 so would like to try replicating issue(s). When Logos launches, information is being sync'd along with downloading Home Page so takes awhile; wish for Home Page to appear sooner.

Personally looking for a SATA III Solid State Disk (SSD) to upgrade 27" iMac, which has an internal 1 TB drive with hardware issues that noticeably slows down Logos on Mac.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 6:25 PM

Bootjack:

I've downloaded Logos 5 - Logos has come up and still shows version 4.6a SR-2. Presently it is indexing. What goes here - where is version 5?

You need to reboot.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 6:27 PM

Indexing presently George. So after indexing is finished, I'll reboot the computer. Thanks for the advice!

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 6:51 PM

A reboot - and still at version 4.6. Anyone got a clue as to what happened here? I called Logos earlier and the lady said she would make it that when I closed down Logos, it would automatically download version 5. I had a near 500 megabyte file that I downloaded and installed - but hey!!! I've still got version 4.6.  :-)

Anyway, has anyone else had this joy or is there something I'm supposed to do yet ---

Posts 192
LogosEmployee
Mike Estes - Logos | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 7:41 PM

Bootjack:

A reboot - and still at version 4.6. Anyone got a clue as to what happened here? I called Logos earlier and the lady said she would make it that when I closed down Logos, it would automatically download version 5. I had a near 500 megabyte file that I downloaded and installed - but hey!!! I've still got version 4.6.  :-)

Anyway, has anyone else had this joy or is there something I'm supposed to do yet ---

Another user recently experienced a similar issue.  You might see if this thread helps you out any.  http://community.logos.com/forums/t/60030.aspx

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 7:43 PM

Can you give that thread again Mike - it seems to lead no where. Appreciate your reply!

Posts 192
LogosEmployee
Mike Estes - Logos | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 7:46 PM

Bootjack:

Can you give that thread again Mike - it seems to lead no where. Appreciate your reply!

Sorry still getting used to my iPad.  Lol

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/60030.aspx

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:01 PM

Thanks Mike - I think I've made a mistake and did it right. Going to my orders, I clicked on the far left (order number) this time and it put me over to a page where I'm presently downloading various files for Logos 5. My question is - what was the 495 megabyte file (or something close to that) that downloaded previously? I thought that to be the Logos 5 - ???

Anyway, presently I finally have Logos 5 on my system. I mention a 495 megabyte file previously downloaded - good night marie, but another Logos file is downloading, this time, it's only 671MB. Wonder what  this one is???

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:06 PM

Bootjack:

Thanks Mike - I think I've made a mistake and did it right. Going to my orders, I clicked on the far left (order number) this time and it put me over to a page where I'm presently downloading various files for Logos 5. My question is - what was the 495 megabyte file (or something close to that) that downloaded previously? I thought that to be the Logos 5 - ???

If you clicked on "Download for PC", I think you found it.  I seem to recall something like that.  They need to make things a bit clearer.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:08 PM

You're dead on George - download for PC is the one! Anyway, read my previous note - what are the huge Logos files downloading for? I know they're for something - any idea?

Posts 192
LogosEmployee
Mike Estes - Logos | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:11 PM

Bootjack:

I'm not certain, seems about the right size for the updater download, though I wonder if something is causing some folks to have problems with the automatic install.  Someone would have to look at your log files to figure out what might have been the cause for it not to work properly.

I'm not one of the folks who normally respond to these problems; they're mostly here during the week.  Though the MVPs might know something with regards to this.

Page 2 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS