$159?!?!?!?!?

Page 3 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 47 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:13 PM

Bootjack:

You're dead on George - download for PC is the one! Anyway, read my previous note - what are the huge Logos files downloading for? I know they're for something - any idea?

Minimal crossgrade resources?  Tongue Tied

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:21 PM

Very well could be. Hopefully, it's not a lethal virus from Biblesoft!??

Posts 821
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:23 PM

Teh bundles are really deep discounts if you want to get a bunch more books. 

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:26 PM

At my age Josh, I'll be in the glory before I can delve into more (and more) books. I did the minimal crossgrade - that ought to hold me with what I have for the next few days!!!   :-)

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:36 PM

Bootjack:

At my age Josh, I'll be in the glory before I can delve into more (and more) books. I did the minimal crossgrade - that ought to hold me with what I have for the next few days!!!   :-)

Even though I'm only 38 Wink I can virtually guarantee that I'll never be able to read everything I already have, and I'll be buying more.  It would be the one I didn't get that I would want to read; you can bet on it.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:53 PM

I hear you George - is it Blue Friday or Black Friday - whatever it is, I for some strange reason am looking forward to it still ....    :-)

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 18 2012 12:36 AM

Patrick S.:
Personally, I think they should start charging (reasonable amount) for major software upgrades

I think $159 does constitute charging for a major upgrade.

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 18 2012 1:10 AM

Harry Hahne:

Patrick S.:
Personally, I think they should start charging (reasonable amount) for major software upgrades

I think $159 does constitute charging for a major upgrade.

That's my whole point, $159 is not an upgrade for the software, one can (will be able to) get that (the software) later for $0 — so they won't be charging for that software upgrade from 4 to 5.

The $159 (if you are meaning the Crossgrade) is for the value add — including a whole bunch of resources, books and Datasets. Have a look at this link

http://www.logos.com/product/28376/logos-5-minimal-crossgrade

and the screencap below.

That seems to me to be a whole lot of something... for not a significant cost — and I don't class it as a software upgrade.

"I want to know all God's thoughts; the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein

Page 3 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS