Minimum crossgrade made Platinum more attractive

Page 1 of 2 (34 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 33 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 939
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 16 2012 11:15 AM

I had almost convinced myself to be content with the minimum crossgrade whenever it was released. Now that it has been, the price difference between the minimum crossgrade and L5 Platinum (I currently have L4 Platinum) is some $350. There's a lot in the L5 Platinum that doesn't interest me, but the following do:

Lange's Commentary on the Holy Scriptures

Practical Works of the Rev. Richard Baxter

Theological Lexicon of the New Testament

Theological Lexicon of the Old Testament

Works of Jonathan Edwards

An Exposition of Prayer in the Bible

I can live without these, and I may decide to do so, but these and a few other one-volume gems make the Platinum upgrade more attractive before I knew the price for the minimum crossgrade.

And Diamond even more so, but that's not even a consideration.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 1359
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 11:25 AM

Bill Moore:

I have been very pleased with this addition to my L5 Platinum upgrade. It is worthy of its $159.95 price tag.

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 11:45 AM
I went from Platinum to Platinum also and for many of the same reasons. Even the small things like upgraded books all added up in my mind to be a good value. I quit counting after I added up to over $3000 retail price on the new books I would be getting.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 10837
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 1:25 PM

Jerry M:
I quit counting after I added up to over $3000 retail price on the new books I would be getting.

Similar to my move to Diamond. When the value of resources I wanted was 3.5 times my upgrade cost, I quit counting. Since "Diamonds are a girl's best friend", I could tell my wife I did it all for her Big Smile 

Posts 939
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 1:41 PM

Jack Caviness:

Jerry M:
I quit counting after I added up to over $3000 retail price on the new books I would be getting.

Similar to my move to Diamond. When the value of resources I wanted was 3.5 times my upgrade cost, I quit counting. Since "Diamonds are a girl's best friend", I could tell my wife I did it all for her Big Smile 

I would dearly love to upgrade to Diamond, but I surely don't need to go that far out on the limb to get it. Glad you were able to, though, Jack. It looks like a great package.

Posts 49
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 1:55 PM

I haven't upgraded yet, but I noticed that the minimum upgrade from Platinium to Platinium is not $350 but $692 and change. I do not consider this worth at all since most of the new additional books will probably be lost in the shuffle, 

Posts 49
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 1:58 PM

It's not $350 but $692 and change. Where did you get this amount? I have Platinium L4

Posts 939
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 2:03 PM

Hi Joseph. It depends on what a person already has in his Logos library. I had already bought quite a few resources that are now a part of L5 Platinum, and Logos applies credit for that in some fashion.

Posts 939
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 2:05 PM

But I'm talking about the difference between the minimum crossgrade and L5 Platinum. If I were to buy the minimum crossgrade, that would cost about $135. Going on up to L5 Platinum would be another $350 or so, which pushes the total closer to $500.

Posts 27055
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 2:19 PM

Bill Moore:
But I'm talking about the difference between the minimum crossgrade and L5 Platinum. If I were to buy the minimum crossgrade, that would cost about $135. Going on up to L5 Platinum would be another $350 or so, which pushes the total closer to $500.

Don't go from MC to L5 Plat as that will be more expensive than just going to Platinum; which has all the features of the MC.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 939
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 4:00 PM

Dave Hooton:

Bill Moore:

Don't go from MC to L5 Plat as that will be more expensive than just going to Platinum; which has all the features of the MC.

Thanks, Dave, but that is not my intention. I was just relating that the upgrade to L5 Platinum looks more attractive when I consider that its cost above the minimum crossgrade is some $350. I will buy either the minimum upgrade or L5 Platinum, not a two-step deal. 

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 4:09 PM

How would you who have it describe Lange's commentaries? Technical, semi-technical, layman, pastoral? Also how does its scholarship fare? Does it remain fairly current or largely outdated? Finally, what is the predominant theological slant?

Posts 10837
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 4:54 PM

Will give you a screenshot of a portion of the commentary on John 1:1 and let you judge for yourself. If you need more, let me know

Posts 1367
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 5:06 PM

Jerry M:
I went from Platinum to Platinum also and for many of the same reasons. Even the small things like upgraded books all added up in my mind to be a good value.

I did the same, I fully intended to just do the cross grade, but after looking into the Platinum and seeing much of my wish list I happily upgraded. There is some serious value in the platinum (at least for me) Thanks Logos Yes

Posts 1506
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 7:26 PM

I have everything opposite. Minimum cross-grade made my Gold Package more expensive (calculating the price of cross-grade and $45 more on the top of that, it came out close to 200 additional $$$ more than was before the min crossgrade). Silver only $30 cheaper. DOESN'T MAKE SENSE with their web calculator. 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 939
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 7:32 PM

Slava Novik:

I have everything opposite. Minimum cross-grade made my Gold Package more expensive (calculating the price of cross-grade and $45 more on the top of that, it came out close to 200 additional $$). Silver only $30 cheaper. DOESN'T MAKE SENSE with their web calculator. 

Are you saying that you purchased the minimum upgrade and then purchased the L5 Gold upgrade? That will be the more expensive route. If so (and I may totally be misunderstanding you), contact Logos. At the very least you can cancel your minimum upgrade, get credit for that, and then purchase the L5 Gold upgrade. Logos is very good about sorting out issues such as this.

I apologize if I misunderstood your post.

Posts 1506
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 7:41 PM

Bill Moore:

Are you saying that you purchased the minimum upgrade and then purchased the L5 Gold upgrade? That will be the more expensive route. If so (and I may totally be misunderstanding you), contact Logos. At the very least you can cancel your minimum upgrade, get credit for that, and then purchase the L5 Gold upgrade. Logos is very good about sorting out issues such as this.

I apologize if I misunderstood your post.

I dont want right now extra books because it takes extra $$$. I just purchased min crossgrade and checked the prices after that. Here are the numbers:

Before Min Crossgrade:

Silver - $170

Gold - $315

After Min Crossgrade:

Silver - $147

Gold - $360

If I would decide to upgrade in the future the total upgrade would be :

Silver - $282

Gold - $495

Comparing to the first price of upgrade - DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE

Logos please fix your calculator

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 939
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 7:48 PM

Thanks. Yes, there are other threads which note that. The discount from upgrading to an L5 base package changes after you move from L4 to L5 via the minimum crossgrade. If someone just wants or can afford only the minimum upgrade, he should do as you did. If someone plans to get an L5 package upgrade, he should directly do that and bypass the minimum crossgrade.

Posts 1506
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 8:01 PM

What is the point of calculator? I thought there is discount, but seems like nonsense

Posts 939
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 8:25 PM

This is how I understand the discounts. The greatest discount is moving directly from L4 to one of the L5 base packages. That produces the best savings.

However, after someone purchases the minimum crossgrade, he has then become an L5 owner. If he then decides to purchase an L5 base package, he is upgrading as an L5 owner to a higher L5 package. The discount is less than upgrading from L4 to L5.

The calculators are working, but they reveal that the greatest discounts are moving from L4 to an L5 base package instead of from one L5 package to a higher L5 package.

Page 1 of 2 (34 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS