Bug: Cited by Tool and My Books

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 16 2012 2:26 PM

When I enter a verse and click on Search, which searches the entire library, I get the following:

The Bibles do no show anything except "Loading..."

Why are Bibles showing up in My Book?  Can someone check to see if this is happening in your L5 Cited By tool?  Thanks.

David

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 2:37 PM

Sorry, David, I'm confused by your questions. Or at least I don't understand the connection between your screen shot and your questions about "My Book" and "Cited By". As to your other issues, it's most likely that the index is out of sync. If Logos is already indexing, let if finish. If it's not indexing, type rebuild index in the command bar to force a reindex (it will probably take an hour or more).

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 2:51 PM

Mark,

In the Cited By tool, when I click on Search (see first screenshot), Logos will search the entire library for citations of the verse I enter:

The result of the library search is shown below:

So the Bibles are not suppose to show up here.  L5 had completed indexing, but I will re-index and see what happens. 

Thanks!

Posts 27034
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 3:01 PM

Re-index is unnecessary. Bibles do contain references in footnotes, indices etc - but not in the actual Bible Text.

EDIT:  I just jumped in quickly to prevent unnecessary indexing!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 3:02 PM

I wasn't clear from your first screenshot that the Bibles were displaying in "My Books" (I know you said that in the post, but the screenshot confused me, sorry!). In that case the command rebuild personal book index would be quicker than rebuild index, if you've not already done it.

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 3:19 PM

Dave Hooton:
Re-index is unnecessary. Bibles do contain references in footnotes, indices etc - but not in the actual Bible Text.

Yes, but they shouldn't appear in the "My Books" section.

Posts 27034
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 4:35 PM

Mark Barnes:

Dave Hooton:

Yes, but they shouldn't appear in the "My Books" section.

As I said, I jumped in quickly. Wrong reason, right motive!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 10:59 AM

I re-indexed everything.  So far so good.  Thank you Mark and Jack.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS