BUG: Reproducible crash opening Bible resource (update: cleared up)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 17 2012 2:19 AM

I have a reproducible crash bug how would you like me to detail & report it?

Basically I have a three pane setup I use — Passage / Ex. guides, Bibles, Commentaries etc. which works well for me.

When I click on the + center pane (Bibles) and choose the Lexham Greek-English Interlinear: SBL Edition from the list of parallel resources that comes up in the pane the book loads and Logos 5 immediately crashes (closes completely).

When I open other Bible resources it does not happen. I removed the Lexham Greek-English Interlinear: SBL Edition resource file 

LLS:LGNTISBL
2012-10-31TZ22:40:05Z
LGNTISBL.logos4

and re-downloaded it from Logos but same behaviour occurs. 

"I want to know all God's thoughts; the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein

Posts 27055
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 2:53 AM

Please repeat the crash with logging enabled and then upload the logos.log and crash log.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 3:06 AM

On a hunch (having read many posts about problems with saved layouts and because I originally created this one in Logos 4) I loaded the original saved named layout, then deleted the saved named layout and resaved the current layout again as a new layout (including the SBL) with different name and so far it does not crash again.

I have tried closing the book then opening it, doing same after some work in Logos 5 — no crash.

I think we might best close this incident. If it reoccurs I will enable logging and attempt to make it crash.

p.s. BTW on other point (from what I saw you say in another posting) with this layout my books/resources seem to open consistently where I want them - tools on the left, Bibles in the middle and commentaries & other resources on the right.

"I want to know all God's thoughts; the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS