Crash: typing Greek diacritical markings in search box

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 687
Jon | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 18 2012 10:04 PM

Running L5.0a beta 2 on Mac 10.8.2

When running some searches to try and work out what was going on in this thread I experienced a couple of crashes:

The first is reproducible — open a search box and type a breathing mark with the Greek Polytonic keyboard.

The second was unrelated, and I'm not sure exactly what I did that triggered it — was running a morph search waiting for Analysis results to populate.

8715.Logs.zip

Posts 687
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 1:21 AM

Update: crash typing greek diacritical marks still present in 5.0a RC1.

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 5:40 PM

I am not able to reproduce the crash entering diacritical marks.  I will admit to limited knowledge of Greek; could you perhaps be a bit more explicit about what you are typing in?  I tried everything I could think of using the Greek polytonic keyboard for Mac on 10.8 and did not get a crash.

Posts 687
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 5:55 PM

Yep sure, this shows the layout of the Greek polytonic keyboard:

To type vowels with accents or breathing marks you hold down the appropriate orange key and press a vowel, e.g. hold down the apostrophe key and press o

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 6:08 PM

Jon:

Running L5.0a beta 2 on Mac 10.8.2

When running some searches to try and work out what was going on in this thread I experienced a couple of crashes:

The first is reproducible — open a search box and type a breathing mark with the Greek Polytonic keyboard.

The second was unrelated, and I'm not sure exactly what I did that triggered it — was running a morph search waiting for Analysis results to populate.

8715.Logs.zip

Must be a MAC problem.  I can't duplicate this on a PC.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2012 11:57 AM

Jon:
hold down the appropriate orange key and press a vowel

Thanks!  If I simply press down the apostrophe key and release it before pressing a vowel (which is what I was doing before) it does not crash.  If I hold the key down and press a vowel I can reproduce the crash.  I'll create a case for this issue.

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 6:07 PM

This issue should be fixed in 5.0a SR-2.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS