GHCLOT does not render correctly

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5
Satyadev Kolli | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 23 2012 2:34 PM

Hello,

Just upgraded to Logos 5. Everything seems to be working fine except for GHCLOT (Gesenius' Hebrew-Chaldee Lexicon to the OT). The window comes up blank - no text. If I scroll up and down - occasionally I see some text but not all of it. I click on the window, it switches to my Bible even though I have no clue what I am clicking on (no text on screen). I am able to open other Hebrew dictionaries such as BDB, HALOT without issues. Only this one has this issue.

Did anyone have  similar experience? Any work arounds?

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2012 2:51 PM

Satyadev,

Has indexing completed? If so, you may want to try removing the lexicon from your library and download and index it again.  The file is GESENLEX.logos4 located in the ...\Data\(random folder name)\ResourceManager\Resources folder.

I don't have this issue in L5 (5.0a).

Posts 5
Satyadev Kolli | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2012 8:35 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. Indexing did complete. I did what you suggested. Deleted the old one and then did an update. Waited for the software to finish indexing before opening. Still the same issues. I am using Windows 8. Not sure if it has anything to do with that. See my screen shot below.

Posts 5
Satyadev Kolli | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2012 10:08 AM

Seeing the same issue with Analytical Key to the Old Testament. So, I installed L5 on Mac - no issues there with either of these resources. So, only on my  windows machine the text in these resources does not show up.

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2012 11:04 AM

Satyadev,

Glad that it works on your Mac. I am curious if other folks who are using Windows 8 (I am not one of them) and Logos 5 have these issues with displaying select lexicons.

David

Posts 27031
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2012 9:09 PM

Satyadev Kolli:

Seeing the same issue with Analytical Key to the Old Testament. So, I installed L5 on Mac - no issues there with either of these resources. So, only on my  windows machine the text in these resources does not show up.

I have no problem displaying the lexicon in Windows 7 & Windows 8. Have a look at its Visual Filters menu (three circles icon) - it should only show links to panels and page numbers + your own filters. Switch them off to see if that makes a difference. Also check options in its panel menu (far left). Also try changing Default Font in Program Settings.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 5
Satyadev Kolli | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 25 2012 5:24 PM

Thanks for your response. I opened Logos today to try out the suggestions by Dave, viola - the problem is gone. Both resources display their text. Frustrating. Oh well - may be Windows did something to drive the gremlins away :-)

Posts 27031
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 25 2012 5:43 PM

Satyadev Kolli:
Oh well - may be Windows did something to drive the gremlins away :-)

Maybe you restarted the computer!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS