New Feature in Logos 5: Popular Highlights

Page 9 of 9 (171 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9
This post has 170 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2012 12:17 PM

Is there a way to turn Popular Highlights "on and off" for all resources? I am talking about their display, not the gathering of information. I'm curious if the only way I can turn off the display of Popular Highlights is to turn them off one book at a time. It would seem to me that a master on/off switch would be far preferrable (and is actually what Amazon has).

Fred Greco
Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA, Katy, TX
Windows 10 64-bit; Logos 7.1 SR-2 (Reformed Platinum)

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2012 12:25 PM

Fred Greco:

Is there a way to turn Popular Highlights "on and off" for all resources? I am talking about their display, not the gathering of information. I'm curious if the only way I can turn off the display of Popular Highlights is to turn them off one book at a time. It would seem to me that a master on/off switch would be far preferrable (and is actually what Amazon has).

The way to do that is described in the original post in this thread. -- Right click on the Popular Highlights item in the Visual Filters menu to get a menu to turn them off in all resources.  This is the same method that is used for all Visual Filters.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 611
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2012 12:49 PM

Todd Phillips:

Fred Greco:

The way to do that is described in the original post in this thread. -- Right click on the Popular Highlights item in the Visual Filters menu to get a menu to turn them off in all resources.  This is the same method that is used for all Visual Filters.

I think that the number of times this question has been asked shows that the approach taken for this is not very intuitive and is therefore likely to generate lots of support calls! Given that reduced support calls is a Logos 4/5 design goal I would suggest that this approach misses that goal.

God Bless

Graham

Pastor - NTCOG Basingstoke

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2012 12:51 PM

Graham Owen:

Todd Phillips:

Fred Greco:

Is there a way to turn Popular Highlights "on and off" for all resources?

The way to do that is described in the original post in this thread.

I think that the number of times this question has been asked shows that the approach taken for this is not very intuitive and is therefore likely to generate lots of support calls! Given that reduced support calls is a Logos 4/5 design goal I would suggest that this approach misses that goal.

I agree.  People don't expect menu items to have their own context menus.  Some sort of sub-menu indicator would be helpful.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 10523
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 3:38 AM

Todd Phillips:
People don't expect menu items to have their own context menus.  Some sort of sub-menu indicator would be helpful.

Perhaps it would be better located in Program Settings (Preferences for Mac users).

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 6:17 AM

Todd Phillips:
People don't expect menu items to have their own context menus. 
Yes

Posts 10120
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 7:12 AM

After I happily disabled the community highlighting 'forever and a day', I was in another resource and wanted to see if any highlighting. But then I couldn't turn it on? Or couldn't tell if it just didn't have highlights? Or what?

The Logos designers surely created some sort of user decision matrix/flow-chart before coding. Well, for me, it's gone anyway.

Posts 21868
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 7:32 AM

DMB:
I was in another resource and wanted to see if any highlighting. But then I couldn't turn it on? Or couldn't tell if it just didn't have highlights? Or what?

The visual filter is only shown for resources which have popular highlights so probably the resource you were trying doesn't have any.

Do you have "131 Christians everyone should know"?

There are community highlights in there - can you see the filter option?

Posts 30
Eric Fary | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 7 2013 1:34 PM

Thanks this was really annoying!

Posts 48
GS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2013 4:55 AM

JimT:

Maybe we Logos users expect and demand more because we spent more time and money on products and services from Logos than any other software product ever produced ...

I for one wish to be able to TURN OFF the various cloud and sharing features, yet keep internet on for updates and the like.

In general, I turn off every possible feedback control I can find in any software I use. No reason - I just want to turn it off.

Yes

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2013 5:09 AM

Gregg Shelton:

JimT:

I for one wish to be able to TURN OFF the various cloud and sharing features, yet keep internet on for updates and the like.

In general, I turn off every possible feedback control I can find in any software I use. No reason - I just want to turn it off.

Yes

Then you may want to vote for Add an option that allows a user not to upload their personal data (notes, prayers) to Logos' servers.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 9 of 9 (171 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 | RSS