Please remember sort column in Library from session to session

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 24 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 163
Sakarias Ingolfsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 15 2013 4:54 AM

Another scenario where this is annoying is when using the find box. Sometimes I know exactly what I want, and I attempt to be quick by using keyboard navigation. This is what I do:

1. Type Ctrl+L to open libary. The libary opens with the cursor in the find box

2. Type e.g. "Message of Matthew", because the book I wish to open is "The Message of Matthew" from "The Bible speaks today" series

3. Then, by a habit I am unable to rid myself of, I press enter. Usually enter commences the search (In almost any peace of software which includes search) but in this case it opens the first search result.

Now the first search result would normally be the best result, i.e. the highest ranked result. This is column one. But Logos automatically sorts by column two, i.e. by name. So even if the correct resource is the highest ranked search result, Logos will still rather open "the Cornerstone bible commentary", because C is higher up in the alphabet than T. And if the Cornerstone commenary is not there to mess up my  search, usually some other resource is (E.g. that "You can understand the bible" series)

I know this is a minor issue (microscopic really), but it I just find it sooo annoying.

I guess I just needed to vent that.

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 15 2013 4:13 PM

Sakarias, it's probably better to start a new thread for a new suggestion rather than tacking it onto an old thread; it's likely to be missed by Logos this way.

I too have been annoyed by this behavior you describe, and had to curb myself of the reflex to hit Enter after filtering the Library.

Posts 163
Sakarias Ingolfsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 17 2013 12:53 AM

Yeah, you are probably right.

I did not really think of those as seperate issues, but when I think of it, I guess they are. If the sorting column would remain between sessions, the second problem would also be pretty much eliminated for my part as well.

But, that does of course not mean it would work for everyone else as well.

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 2 2013 10:57 PM

I've finally gotten so annoyed by this that I added a new request on UserVoice.

Please go vote for it.

Posts 163
Sakarias Ingolfsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2013 7:42 AM

Voted!

Yes, this is exceptionally annoying.

On the bright side, at least Google does not order its search results alphabetically Cool

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS