Now you can create a bibliographic report in Logos 4

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 7324
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 30 2009 4:32 PM

I became frustated with the lack of a bibliographic report in Logos 4, so I created my own. It's web-based, and I'd like some volunteers to test it for me before I make it publically available. You'll need to register with my site, then upload a Logos file (the file is fairly large, probably around 20Mb). The screenshots below given an indication of some of the reports that are available. The reports aren't perfect, largely because Logos doesn't let me get at all the data I need, but it's certainly better than nothing.

If you're interested in trying it out, let me know through my site: http://www.4-14.org.uk/contact I'll then send you the link you need.

Posts 1965
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2009 5:33 PM

Mark, any access to ISBNs?

Posts 7324
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 3:09 AM

Damian McGrath:
Mark, any access to ISBNs?

Unfortunately not. I only have access to data you can see and search when you're in Library.

Posts 1965
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 3:29 AM

Shame - that's what I'd like access to...

Posts 7324
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 3:35 AM

Just to update that there's no need to contact me to request access. Just go here: http://www.4-14.org.uk/off-topic/logos4-bibliographic-report

(I can no longer edit my first post unfortunately.)

Posts 148
Valerie Pobog | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2010 9:06 PM

Mark,

I deleted my report to update it to add more resources and now I can't get the location to show up when I copy %appdata%\..\local\Logos4\Data. Can you help me please?

Posts 7324
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2010 9:57 PM

You can try %localappdata%\Logos4\Data if you're running Vista or above.

Posts 148
Valerie Pobog | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2010 10:18 PM

I have tried it in Chrome and Firefox. It still isn't working. I want to kick myself for erasing my old bibliographic report. ACK!

Posts 148
Valerie Pobog | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2010 10:53 PM

I figured out a work-around. Thanks again Mark for such a wonderful program.

Posts 37
Peter Banks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 16 2010 8:39 AM

I really love this feature unfortunately this weekend my catalog.db file went over the size limit of 120K and now I can use the feature.

Posts 122
Tim | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 16 2010 1:41 PM

Just out of curiosity, have you tried using the export to biblography option in collections? It seems to me that shoudl be able to do all you are discussing.

-Tim

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS