Compare two verses in Greek

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 46
RRH | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 1 2012 1:23 PM

Hi,

Is there a possibility in Logos4 to compare two different Greek verses with each other? For example: Mat. 4:23 and 9:35 which are in NA28 quite similar.

Thanks.

Posts 5571
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 1:44 PM

RRH:

Hi,

Is there a possibility in Logos4 to compare two different Greek verses with each other? For example: Mat. 4:23 and 9:35 which are in NA28 quite similar.

Thanks.

You can, if you open them in separate tabs. (Right-click on NA28 tab and select "open a copy in a new tab" or press CTRL-SHIFT-N.) Set the two tabs next to each other and navigate to the verses you want to compare.

You could also create a verse list with these two verses, using the NA28 as your source Bible.

You could also copy/paste them into a note file, or a Word Document and compare there.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 4:17 PM

Richard DeRuiter:

You can, if you open them in separate tabs. (Right-click on NA28 tab and select "open a copy in a new tab" or press CTRL-SHIFT-N.) Set the two tabs next to each other and navigate to the verses you want to compare.

You could also create a verse list with these two verses, using the NA28 as your source Bible.

You could also copy/paste them into a note file, or a Word Document and compare there.

Don't forget the text comparison tool as well.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 4:26 PM

RRH:
s there a possibility in Logos4 to compare two different Greek verses with each other? For example: Mat. 4:23 and 9:35 which are in NA28 quite similar.

If Library prioritization includes Greek resource(s) in Top 5 Bibles, one option is F7 when NA28 has focus to show verse in Top 5 Bibles:

Text Comparison tool can compare a specific version, e.g. NA28, with a collection.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 5571
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 5:10 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

RRH:
s there a possibility in Logos4 to compare two different Greek verses with each other? For example: Mat. 4:23 and 9:35 which are in NA28 quite similar.

If Library prioritization includes Greek resource(s) in Top 5 Bibles, one option is F7 when NA28 has focus to show verse in Top 5 Bibles

?

But this only compares one verse over different versions. It doesn't compare two different verses in the same version.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 5:26 PM

Richard DeRuiter:

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

RRH:

If Library prioritization includes Greek resource(s) in Top 5 Bibles, one option is F7 when NA28 has focus to show verse in Top 5 Bibles

?

But this only compares one verse over different versions. It doesn't compare two different verses in the same version.

Embarrassed Oops plus concur tabs side by side is one way to compare two verses:

Sentence Diagram can be used for manual comparison (change text color for words that do not match):

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 46
RRH | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2012 2:34 AM

Interesting, but as far I know, the option sentence diagram is not included in L4. I'll wait for the free update to L5 in spring 2013.Smile

This website shows more a kind of the lay-out that I expect in comparing two different verses in Greek:

http://openscriptures.org/prototypes/manuscript-comparator/?passage=Re+22&view=parallel&ins[]=5&del[]=6&strongs=1

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2012 2:44 AM

RRH:
as far I know, the option sentence diagram is not included in L4

It is.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 22285
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2012 2:49 AM

fgh:

RRH:
as far I know, the option sentence diagram is not included in L4

It is.

I believe - but am not sure - that it was available in base packages Original Languages and higher.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2012 3:10 AM

I thought something like that as well, but it's not listed on my L4 comparison chart. Either way, if he doesn't have it in L4, he is very unlikely to get it with the free L5 engine.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 22285
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2012 3:18 AM

fgh:
I thought something like that as well, but it's not listed on my L4 comparison chart.

Yes, I found the same. But Steve Clark posted to this effect at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/47809/380922.aspx#380922 so I assume there was a change to the chart at some stage

fgh:
Either way, if he doesn't have it in L4, he is very unlikely to get it with the free L5 engine.

Unless Logos decided to make it available as a basic feature - but this is speculation on my part!

Posts 46
RRH | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2012 4:39 AM

Hi there,

I found the Sentence Diagram (File/New/Sentence...).

But as far I see L4 doesn't do the job for me. I myself should compare both verses and lay-out them manually.

So, there is no tool in L4, which does this automatic for me.

Posts 22285
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2012 7:46 AM

RRH:

But as far I see L4 doesn't do the job for me. I myself should compare both verses and lay-out them manually.

So, there is no tool in L4, which does this automatic for me.

After re-reading this thread it's not quite clear what you are looking for.

RRH:

This website shows more a kind of the lay-out that I expect in comparing two different verses in Greek:

http://openscriptures.org/prototypes/manuscript-comparator/?passage=Re+22&view=parallel&ins[]=5&del[]=6&strongs=1

This example which you referenced above is comparing the same verse in two different translations as opposed to different verses in the same translation. What are you actually looking for this tool to do?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS