File locations -- Running Alpha and Windows version (on Parallels)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2
Doug Westby-Gibson | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 30 2009 5:39 PM

I purchased the Mac version a while ago and just upgraded to v4. 

I installed the Alpha version for Mac, downloaded the new books and waited for it to index. I then installed the Windows engine on Parallels.  

QUESTION -- How do I tell the Windows engine where to find my books, indexes, etc. on the Mac side?  Is it possible for the Mac and Windows engine to share the same book / index files ?

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2009 6:25 PM

Doug Westby-Gibson:
QUESTION -- How do I tell the Windows engine where to find my books, indexes, etc. on the Mac side?
You can point it to the directory to discover and copy the resources (I think), but they are not able to share the same books or index files.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 10890
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2009 6:31 PM

Doug Westby-Gibson:
QUESTION

Doug 

That looks like more than one question. Big Smile

Doug Westby-Gibson:
How do I tell the Windows engine where to find my books, indexes, etc. on the Mac side?

The Windows engine will not find your resources and indexes on the Mac side. It will download them all over again.

PS Joe posted while I was typing. Perhaps his opinion if more accurate than mine. Will be nice for you if he is right Geeked

Doug Westby-Gibson:
Is it possible for the Mac and Windows engine to share the same book / index files ?

Afraid not.

Have fun anyway. The latest drop of the Mac Alpha (A5) shows a great deal of progress over A4. At least it did on my machine. It is still Alpha and therefore buggy and prone to crash. Check out the FAQ at  http://community.logos.com/forums/t/2951.aspx Learn how to submit bug reports and post log files, and become part of an adventure ( Sounds like a USN commercial, but that's OK, I spent 20+ years there). Seriously, you can help make Logos 4 Mac become a better product and make it a reality sooner. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS