Question

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 325
Michael | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 6 2012 8:29 AM

This is probably a silly question, but I'll ask anyway, I have a copy of Compton's Interactive Bible, NIV version from Zondervan.  It will no longer run on my PC as it is not compatibale with 64 bit encrption.  Since I own this "product" already (NIV 84) is it possible that Logos would unlock it for me?

Posts 10290
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2012 8:35 AM

Michael:
I have a copy of Compton's Interactive Bible, NIV version from Zondervan. [...] Since I own this "product" already (NIV 84) is it possible that Logos would unlock it for me?

If you own this product in a Logos format (Libronix, LLS or whatever called) the yes, otherwise no.

Comparable to: You won't receive a free download from Amazon on a Kindle Fire HD of a book you bought for the Nook - but of course of a book you bought for the Kindle.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 5571
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2012 8:36 AM

Michael:

This is probably a silly question, but I'll ask anyway, I have a copy of Compton's Interactive Bible, NIV version from Zondervan.  It will no longer run on my PC as it is not compatibale with 64 bit encrption.  Since I own this "product" already (NIV 84) is it possible that Logos would unlock it for me?

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but Logos can't unlock a product it isn't authorized to unlock for you. You could look at your EULA from your Compton's, but I'm pretty sure it would say what most of them do, namely that you purchase a license to use the product, but you don't actually purchase/own the product.

This is all governed by laws and contracts that get difficult to decipher.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 701
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2012 8:37 AM

Michael:

Hey Michael,

unfortunately, I think the answer is probably no. If it was in a previous version of Logos (Libronix, etc) you'd probably already have it synced on your computer.

cheers,
 Marcus

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 325
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2012 8:44 AM

I was afraid of that , but figured it would be worth looking into.  Thank you all for the quick replies.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS