L4 Re-indexing all the time

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 143
iamk | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 1 2009 7:59 PM

I have tried deleting the index file but this problem continues. Does anyone have any ideas?

I only have about 2.5 gbs of free space on my c drive. Could this be the problem?

I am using L4 in VMware on my macbook pro. I have allotted about 1.5 gbs of ram to the virtual machine. My virtual machine has Xp running on it.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 8:03 PM

KevinJones:
I only have about 2.5 gbs of free space on my c drive. Could this be the problem?

According to the minimum spec's you need 12GB of free space to install Logos4. So, yeah, that could be it.

The minimum and recommended system specs are found here:

http://www.logos.com/support/techfaq#sysreqs

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 687
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 8:29 PM

Sounds likely; my index is about 3gb (platinum collection); though even with a smaller collection I suspect it'd need a lot more space while it's actually creating the index... Also windows usually starts running into trouble if there's not enough hard drive space left - fortunately you can just increase the size of your vm's hard drive Smile

Posts 143
iamk | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 7:56 PM

Richard, do you understand the 12 gbs to refer to free space after the install? I understood it to refer to free space prior to installing.

Jon, how can I easily increase the size. I thought it was not possible in VMWARE.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 10:22 PM

KevinJones:
Richard, do you understand the 12 gbs to refer to free space after the install? I understood it to refer to free space prior to installing.

True. However, the actual space requirements will depend on the size of the resource directory. You'll need it to be just over 10% of that size, plus room to compile. The fact that you are still indexing with only 2GB left suggests a larger than average resource library.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS