Problem pasting "Passage List" to open Word Doc.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 178
DavidS | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 10 2012 10:06 AM

I have had Problem pasting "Passage List" to open Word Doc. I get the edge view of the spinning pizza when I click to paste. It seems to be in a continuous loop. When I try to X out it locks up both L5 and Word. This could be operator error. But I am not seeing it...

System

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 10 2012 1:32 PM

I cannot duplicate the problem running MS Office 2010

What version of word are you using? I tried putting a rather lengthy passage list into a word document two ways:

1. I used the send to new document command

2. I copied the list using the copy to clipboard command, then opened a word document and pasted from the clipboard

Both worked fine.

Posts 178
DavidS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 10 2012 2:06 PM

Fredc,

Thanks! I am running MS Office 2010 also. I am using a Crucial 256G SSD drive. I will try a fresh boot and see if it works. I do have headings separating the verses if that would make a difference?! I will try the fresh boot and get back to you (I should have done this before).

Posts 178
DavidS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 10 2012 2:27 PM

I tried it after a reboot. It is still doing the same thing. When I paste to a new Word doc it works fine. When I open the Task Manager, after the freeze up, there is a program running called Convert a Document or something like that. It closes when I end task MS Word. I tried it with out the headings and still no go. I was using narrow margins in Word so I tried it with normal margins and still no go. So...? I do not know what else to try. I guess I could try tech support.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 10 2012 4:20 PM

DavidS:

I tried it after a reboot. It is still doing the same thing. When I paste to a new Word doc it works fine. When I open the Task Manager, after the freeze up, there is a program running called Convert a Document or something like that. It closes when I end task MS Word. I tried it with out the headings and still no go. I was using narrow margins in Word so I tried it with normal margins and still no go. So...? I do not know what else to try. I guess I could try tech support.

I'm on my iPad right now so I cannot check for the convert document program you're referring to. Is that a third party add-on of some kind?

Posts 178
DavidS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 10 2012 8:08 PM

It is either a L5 program or MS Word program that asks in what way do you want the page converted. RTF, text, etc.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS