Bible Sense Filtering

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 70
Robert le Clus | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 10 2012 10:06 AM

Is there a way to filter search results by Bible Sense information?

I am looking at Col 4. In that chapter the lemma logos appears twice. Both have the Louw-Nida number 33.98. However the Bible sense information indicates that the two terms have different senses, gospel <==> word and message(communication) respectively. 

Now I right clicked on the word and did a "Search this resource" for the Louw-Nida number. I get a lot of senses. Now what I would really like to do is filter those results by the sense "message (communication)"

Is this possible?

BTW I am using Logos 5 on a Mac Book Pro 2011 running Mountain Lion. 

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 10 2012 1:24 PM

I assume you mean search or sort based the senses rather than the lemma, mss, LN, etc. You can sort your search results by LN or a number of other factors, but not sense.

My understanding of the way the sense was determined and the database built was that someone actually looked at the word as it was used in context and determined the sense. It sounds like what you are looking for is a way to find all of the places where that same sense was determined. I think in the future we will see a list of bible references in the BSL that will pop-up when you hover or click on a particular sense; but until then I don't think there is way to do it. 

Posts 70
Robert le Clus | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2012 2:17 AM

Yes that is what I mean. I was hoping that sense data was like any other data type. Searchable, filterable, etc. I guess that comes later. Makes the feature more difficult to use, but I will have to make do. It is useful to have that data though!

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2012 4:22 AM

Robert le Clus:

Yes that is what I mean. I was hoping that sense data was like any other data type. Searchable, filterable, etc. I guess that comes later. Makes the feature more difficult to use, but I will have to make do. It is useful to have that data though!

I agree it would be useful to have the ability to search or sort based on the sense assigned in the BSL. Maybe that will come in the future

Posts 25128
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2012 7:36 AM

Fredc:

Robert le Clus:

I agree it would be useful to have the ability to search or sort based on the sense assigned in the BSL. Maybe that will come in the future

Sean Boisen (Logos) says it is definitely coming - http://community.logos.com/forums/p/59901/426787.aspx#426787

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2012 7:43 AM

Graham Criddle:

Sean Boisen (Logos) says it is definitely coming - http://community.logos.com/forums/p/59901/426787.aspx#426787

Thanks Graham. I thought I had read that somewhere before, but I could not remember where. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS