Blog Alert: Incorrect Information!

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 2:15 PM

Richard DeRuiter:
All of this confusion, even by reading a post intended to point out this inaccuracy is further proof that what I thought would happen actually did.

Amen Richard. I read the blog post last night (Oz time) and thought, "that's wrong and will lead to confusion" Iwas glad to see your post this morning and then couldn't believe what followed.

The blog is wrong (very poorly worded) and needs to be corrected.

Posts 56
David Langer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 9:28 AM

It's Jan 1, 2010 -- Logos still has inaccurate information on the Upgrade page.  I too have many items listed as "new" to me that have been previously purchased.  Even with the assurances given in early December, this gives me pause.  Since the page highlights "Books you own" and "Books you get" I am concerned with the many volumes of "Books you get" as previous purchases that are listed differently on the various listings (From Silver - Platinum Levels).

I'd love to purchase an upgrade, but I want an accurate representation of what I have and what I am getting as the basis for the price offered.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 10:14 AM

Richard DeRuiter:

The upgrade price calculator takes into account all your purchase and is reliable.

The upgrade list shown on the web page only takes into consideration your base package.

Please, Logos change this. (Or prove to me that I'm wrong.)

Richard,

you are exactly right. This is the exact answer I got from Dave Kaplan when I called him to upgrade from silver to Gold.

I quizzed him on my purchases, and he said he was looking at everyone of them in my account file and that THOUGH the "chart" is wrong....but ACTUAL PRICE CALCULATOR shows the data from your specific account and is accurate....

I hope we can put this one to rest soon...Big Smile

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 10:44 AM

DavidLanger:

It's Jan 1, 2010 -- Logos still has inaccurate information on the Upgrade page.  I too have many items listed as "new" to me that have been previously purchased.  Even with the assurances given in early December, this gives me pause.  Since the page highlights "Books you own" and "Books you get" I am concerned with the many volumes of "Books you get" as previous purchases that are listed differently on the various listings (From Silver - Platinum Levels).

I'd love to purchase an upgrade, but I want an accurate representation of what I have and what I am getting as the basis for the price offered.

David, see Robert's post above.

The upgrade calculator that gives you your price is independent from, and uses a different set of data than the upgrade chart. The upgrade chart only compares base packages. The price calculator takes into account all your information. This has been true since the day the chart was published.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 11:51 AM

Richard DeRuiter:

Paul Knopf:

Same problem here.  There are about 20 resources that the discounter said I will get which I already have.  Thing is, many of these were purchased on pre-pub from Logos itself.  I can see it on my account page, but the upgrade discounter doesn't know about it.  I wonder if my discount would have been greater if these were taken into account.

[sigh]

This is why I want Logos to change the blog. (Notice my comment about confidence in the upgrade price calculator above?)

[/sigh]

All your purchases are taken into account by the upgrade discounter. The upgrade display, however does not take that into account. They are two separate entities and use two separate databases.

About confidence  -- this is exactly why I only did the minimal cross grade instead of the upgrade. The chart said I would be purchasing items I already purchased ... I know I may be poorly informed or possibly misunderstand how the upgrade policy works but I purchased an addition $500+ worth of resources in '08-'09 (yes in hind sight I would have been better off purchasing a higher base version initially but my budget was what it was) and a portion of those items are not showing up on the chart as already owned so as to make it appear that I'm not credited in the upgrade price and will be purchasing them again.

I'm not critical of Logos except to say that the intial marketing from the chart aspect is somewhat misleading.

Confused

Posts 19364
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 7:47 PM

Robert Pavich:

Richard DeRuiter:

The upgrade price calculator takes into account all your purchase and is reliable.

The upgrade list shown on the web page only takes into consideration your base package.

Please, Logos change this. (Or prove to me that I'm wrong.)

Richard,

you are exactly right. This is the exact answer I got from Dave Kaplan when I called him to upgrade from silver to Gold.

I quizzed him on my purchases, and he said he was looking at everyone of them in my account file and that THOUGH the "chart" is wrong....but ACTUAL PRICE CALCULATOR shows the data from your specific account and is accurate....

I hope we can put this one to rest soon...Big Smile

Richard DeRuiter:

DavidLanger:

It's Jan 1, 2010 -- Logos still has inaccurate information on the Upgrade page....

David, see Robert's post above.

The upgrade calculator that gives you your price is independent from, and uses a different set of data than the upgrade chart. The upgrade chart only compares base packages. The price calculator takes into account all your information. This has been true since the day the chart was published.

Yes, I had the same experience as Robert did when talking with Customer Service on the phone to upgrade to Portfolio, and I do trust them. But this issue will not be "put to rest" and will continue to cause people confusion until they fix the highlightings on the upgrade chart. If they have the information to provide an accurate computation of price, then surely they can also provide accurate highlights in the chart. The Upgrade Chart shouldn't be using a "different set of data" from what the upgrade calculator uses.

Incidentally, after upgrading to Portfolio, now the old upgrade chart is gone and I see a chart with recommended add-ons for me. I already have four of these. Why should they be inviting me to buy things I already have? I might have thought this was probably getting the data from my base package and not taking into account items they know I've already purchased (like the Upgrade Chart "bug" we've all been complaining about). But even that doesn't explain this weirdness. I have Portfolio which includes BDAG/HALOT, JPS Tanakh Commentary Collection, and Horae Homileticae, all of which are being recommended to me as Add Ons. What's the deal?!

Logos: please read this thread!

Posts 1606
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 6:24 AM

Hopefully not adding more confusion to the situation... If the discount price calculation is correct, is it based only on the resources I purchased from Logos directly alone, or is it based on all the resources in my licensed account?

Since they already have our full license and account info in their database, I would expect all of my licensed resources (regardless of who I purchased them from) should be taken into consideration.

thanks,

Peter

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 7:29 AM

PeterLi:

Hopefully not adding more confusion to the situation... If the discount price calculation is correct, is it based only on the resources I purchased from Logos directly alone, or is it based on all the resources in my licensed account?

Since they already have our full license and account info in their database, I would expect all of my licensed resources (regardless of who I purchased them from) should be taken into consideration.

thanks,

Peter

Since the discount only applies to resources Logos sells, it would not include third party resources (such as Nelson's stuff).

As to Logos resources sold by third parties, I really don't know.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS