Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 23
Todd Hurley | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 12 2012 7:00 AM

I am about to purchase Proclaim for use in my church and need to present this problem in hopes of a easy solution.

I am a Logos user and have a Logos account. I need to pay for Proclaim but the church doesn't have a credit card.

I can pay for Proclaim on my account and have them reimburse me. If I do that, my account information is now on the church computer for anybody to see and maybe use to buy stuff. Can I buy Proclaim on my account and just log on to it on the church computer so it wouldn't include my account information?

If this is not possible, how can the church purchase Proclaim soon without the time delay of sending a check because I hope to go live with Proclaim this weekend?

Hopefully you can offer me an easy solution.

Thank you,

Todd Hurley

Posts 25203
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2012 7:12 AM

Hi Todd

For quick attention to this I would contact Logos sales - contact details at http://www.logos.com/contact

People from Logos product management do look at this forum and will probably respond quickly but I note you are on a deadline!

Graham

Posts 5467
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2012 12:50 PM

Todd

Why not pay for Proclaim on your Credit Card. That will give you 30 days to.

1. Send an invoice to your Church Treasurer

2. For the Church Treasurer to issue a cheque

3. For you to cash the cheque.

The only record would be a copy of your invoice.

By the way - everyone you write a cheque to will have your account name, account number, bank sort code and name and address of your bank. These detail should not be enough for anyone to use to purchase things from your account. If they were cheques would be exceedingly dangerous things to issue.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 194
Allen Petersen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2012 1:35 PM

You don't need to, and shouldn't, share logos.com accounts to use Proclaim. Simply log into Proclaim on your own computer with your own account and purchase an On Air license for the group. All other group members can log into Proclaim with their own accounts on their own computers, they will have access to the On Air license you purchased. Your credit card information is not shared to the other group members.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-allen

Posts 23
Todd Hurley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2012 2:40 PM

Thank you. So I just need to create a user name for the church to log on to Proclaim and access what I create. Then the church treasurer can issue me a check for the charge on my credit card.

I already loaded Proclaim on the church computer under my name. I will have to log out of it and start a church profile...correct?

Posts 646
Ann Boyles | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2012 2:58 PM

That's right, you can log out and log back in using the church's profile which doesn't contain your personal information. Just make sure that the church's account is a member of your group so they can access what you create and also have the license you've purchased for the group.

Posts 23
Todd Hurley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2012 3:11 PM

Thank you Allen and Ann. For future reference and for others that might want to know, how do you handle churches that do not have credit cards? Like, someday when I am called elsewhere, how does this church continue on with Proclaim without a credit card?

Thank you. Looking forward to going live with Proclaim this weekend.

Posts 646
Ann Boyles | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2012 3:49 PM

The license is associated with the group, so if you left, the group would retain the license. However, if they wanted to renew the license in future, a user in the group with a credit card would make the purchase for the group.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS