Indexing--Automatic?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 3
Michael Nolen | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 2 2009 9:50 AM

Maybe a stupid question, but I haven't found anything that directly answers this on the site.

I started downloading Logos 4 to my computer yesterday. Had to leave for the evening with only about 50% downloaded. I assumed when I returned this morning that I would have to start the indexing before I could use it. I see no way to do that. It appears my program is ready to go. Did the indexing happen automatically after the download was complete?

Thanks for any help.

Posts 7
Pomeroy J. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 10:01 AM

It did for me downloading and automatically installing overnite two days ago.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 1:40 PM

MichaelNolen:

Maybe a stupid question, but I haven't found anything that directly answers this on the site.

I started downloading Logos 4 to my computer yesterday. Had to leave for the evening with only about 50% downloaded. I assumed when I returned this morning that I would have to start the indexing before I could use it. I see no way to do that. It appears my program is ready to go. Did the indexing happen automatically after the download was complete?

Thanks for any help.

Yes, the indexing probaby too place overnight. Open up search and do something rediculous, something that you never would have done in Logos 3... search for "the" or "a" and if you get results... you know your index is good to go.

Posts 1
David Gilford | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 10:33 AM

My question is similar. I just bought Logos 4 and I used a media disc (DVD) to load the software onto my laptop. It took approximately 1 hour for my computer to load the program and then download updates. Then the indexing started. It took approximately 3 hours. Somewhere in the middle of the process there was a momentary power failure, just long enough to interrupt the process. When I returned to my laptop later in the day, I was expecting to find a screen message telling me "Indexing is Complete" or something similar. But there was nothing. The only clue was that the Logos notification in my laptop's system tray had disappeared. I am now wondering: is everything indexed? Did the power failure abort the indexing process? And: how do I know if everything is indexed? Thanks for your feedback.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 10:47 AM

David,

Welcome to the forums!

It's probably done. What you need to do is a couple of test searches. Look for common terms like God or the, if the results look good your index should be fine.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS