Multiple Authors for PBB

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 15
David M. Shilling | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 15 2012 5:08 PM

I'm putting together a personal book of seminary papers under a single topic.  Does anyone know if there is a way to have personal books recognize me as the editor and not the author and recognize each of my classmates as the author of his own work?  (I'm looking especially for when copying and pasting that the bibliographic info recognizes the correct author and not me since I only wrote 1 of the papers I'm including.)

Posts 12244
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 15 2012 5:30 PM

David,

you may easily put miltiple authors into the author field when compiling the PB and Logos will then cite this as something like "Jones, Shilling, Smith, The Seminary Paper, Someplace 2012". Is this what you were looking for?

Mick

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 19353
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 15 2012 5:56 PM

If I'm not mistaken, there is no way to make Logos recognize authors of sub-parts of resources, such as chapters in an edited work or articles in a journal. Even Logos itself doesn't do the citations correctly for these things in its own published resources.

I might be mistaken though, because I know Logos was working on beginning to tag journal articles with author names, so they can be found using the "Article Author" search field. But I don't know whether it's possible to do such tagging in PB's. I tried inserting this syntax at the beginning of a block of text, but it didn't work. {{field-on:artauthor}}John Doe{{field-off:artauthor}} (see http://wiki.logos.com/Personal_Books#Fields). In other words, copying and pasting that block of text to Word from the PB did not include "John Doe" as the author in the footnote.

So I'm at a loss. Perhaps someone else has another suggestion of what to try.

Posts 15
David M. Shilling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 15 2012 6:45 PM

I did add the author tags {{field-on:Author}}Author{{field-off:Author}}, however, as Rosie mentioned, this did not work.  There are no additional authors listed when I copy and paste.  However, I was able to make myself appear as the editor.  In the author field I simply entered, Shilling -Editor, David M. and in the footnote it came out as David M. Shilling -Editor so at least I will not appear as the author.  Other than that I have no clue.

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

Posts 15
David M. Shilling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 15 2012 6:56 PM

I also tried the artauthor tag and even tried the title tag hoping that there might be a connection made between the title and the author.  But that didn't work either.  I also realized that adding the -Editor after my last name may not work as well as I hoped.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS