BUG: Crash: L 5.0a SR-2: Working with many highlighting styles and a Visual Filter

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 18752
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 17 2012 12:46 AM

Logos crashed (I got the "Logos has stopped working" message) after I'd been following Michael Hite's videos to make myself a similar set of highlighter pens and a visual filter for 1 John, using Favorites the way he does, etc. I couldn't possibly give you the steps I took to reproduce this. I'd been using Logos for a long, long time (several days since restarting), and it was starting to get very very sluggish. Maybe low on memory (?), but I didn't manage to capture what the memory usage was like at the time of the crash.

However I did get log files:

6866.LogosCrash20121217a.zip

But I don't see any crash error in the log.

No logosCrash.txt BTW (I haven't gotten one of these any time Logos has crashed since L5 shipped; does it still produce them?)

EDIT:

The last few things I'd done before it crashed, if I remember correctly were as follows:

First, note that a lot of setup is required to even get to this stage; I had created all the keyword frequency "Favorites" entries described by Michael for 1 John for all the words with more than 10 occurrences, and created 31 different highlighter styles in a new palette called "Bible Study" for use in these next steps; see illustrations below)

1. Click on one of the Favorites entries like what Michael describes in his video (e.g., life, live (root:ζαω) - 14x) to start a root search

2. Ctrl+C to copy the search text (e.g., root:ζαω)

3. Click in 1 John - Keywords VF, in the first empty "Find" box

4. Ctrl+V to paste in the search text I copied above

5. Click the Formatting box to drop down the menu

6. Press down arrow to put the focus into the menu itself

7. Page down several times to get to the palette I'd created with all the highlighting styles

8. Click on the highlighting style I want to select

9. Click the X to close the Search tab that was opened in step 1

Repeat from step 1 with the next item in Favorites, and keep doing this, selecting the next Highlighting style down each time

I'd been doing this sequence several times, about 12 or 13, when it crashed.

It crashed either after step 7 or step 8 in one of the iterations, I can't remember.

ILLUSTRATIONS for the setup mentioned above:

See also Michael Hite's videos, the first of which I had followed to create the above Favorites entries, and the second of which I was in the process of following when the crash happened:

http://vimeo.com/54390206

http://vimeo.com/55623122

Posts 412
Mary-Ellen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 17 2012 3:54 AM

Rosie, thank you! for posting the image of your highlighter palette.  It's exactly what I had in mind to create for myself after watching that same video -- love the "rainbow" approach to ordering the colors.

Dell XPS 8930/Intel Core i7-8700@3.20GHz/32GB RAM/Win10 Pro

Trekstor Primebook/Celeron/4GB RAM/Win10 Home

iPad Air/Pixel/Faithlife Connect

Posts 18752
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 17 2012 10:41 AM

Mary-Ellen:
love the "rainbow" approach to ordering the colors.

Yeah, I figured that was the only way I'd be able to remember which was the most common word, second most common, etc., while looking at my highlighted Bible text.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS