Popular highlighting

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 634
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 17 2012 6:21 AM

Still having problems with the popular highlighting feature. I have the current version of L5 and have checked my non-biblical books and I do not see the popular hightlighting feature there. Can someone please help me figure this out?

Michael

Pastor Michael Huffman, Th.A Th.B Th.M

Posts 22204
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 17 2012 6:27 AM

Hi Michael

Pastor Michael Huffman:
Still having problems with the popular highlighting feature. I have the current version of L5 and have checked my non-biblical books and I do not see the popular hightlighting feature there. Can someone please help me figure this out?

Let's check this with "Jesus Christ: The Greatest Life" - I chose this as it is present in all L5 base packages.

Assuming you have it, can you open it to page 10.

As you can see from the screenshot below there are some popular highlights on this page and I have the setting enabled in the visual filter dropdown.

• Do you have the "Popular highlight" option under Visual filters?
  • Is it selected?
  • Can you see the highlights?

Graham

Posts 634
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 17 2012 6:42 AM

Graham Criddle:

Hi Michael

Pastor Michael Huffman:

Let's check this with "Jesus Christ: The Greatest Life" - I chose this as it is present in all L5 base packages.

Assuming you have it, can you open it to page 10.

As you can see from the screenshot below there are some popular highlights on this page and I have the setting enabled in the visual filter dropdown.

• Do you have the "Popular highlight" option under Visual filters?
  • Is it selected?
  • Can you see the highlights?

Graham

Hey Graham,

I do not believe that I have that book. But a few weeks ago, you suggested that I check Piper's "50 reasons Christ came to die", which I do have, and the popluar highlighting is not there. As I have browsing the forum to see if there is something that I am doing wrong I pondered this thought, and this may seem like a dumb question, but; does the internet option need to be set to "yes"? I keep is set to "no" because although I have a dual core i5 with 8GB RAM, Logos runs better with the internet set to "no". Does that need to be "yes"?

Posts 10236
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 17 2012 6:47 AM

Pastor Michael Huffman:
does the internet option need to be set to "yes"? I keep is set to "no" because although I have a dual core i5 with 8GB RAM, Logos runs better with the internet set to "no". Does that need to be "yes"?

yes, since Logos will sync the Popular Highlights from their servers to your machine. Same for Community Notes. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 634
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 17 2012 6:52 AM

NB.Mick:

Pastor Michael Huffman:
does the internet option need to be set to "yes"? I keep is set to "no" because although I have a dual core i5 with 8GB RAM, Logos runs better with the internet set to "no". Does that need to be "yes"?

yes, since Logos will sync the Popular Highlights from their servers to your machine. Same for Community Notes. 

So if I turn the internet to "yes" popular highlighting with appear in my visual filters?

Posts 10431
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 17 2012 7:10 AM

If you read the Logos documentation, it clearly indicates you have to have the internet turned on for the visual filter menu item to be displayed.

I really WISH that people who have the 'stars' would AT LEAST read the documentation.  And it would be nice for users too instead of burdening other users with inane questions.

(Note in really tiny font:  Just joking. I finally found a book I have that Graham has and sure enough, no menu item shows. So I think probably Pastor Huffman is indeed correct.  Plus I turned my internet on, the list circular arrows say all is updated, and there's no menu to be had.  Not that I want it. Of course.) 

Posts 10236
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 17 2012 7:31 AM

DMB:
If you read the Logos documentation, it clearly indicates you have to have (...)

Now you tricked me to mouse-over the blue text and looking for where the link would go.... Big Smile  which is fair enough, you could have rick-rolled me instead - or worse, sent me to one of these cat-pictures that flood the internet.

But then again, everybody knows that this is Logos documentation.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 10431
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 17 2012 10:10 AM

Just showing my 'age'. Didn't know what 'rick-rolled' was! http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rick%20roll

But I DID use a light blue hue easily detectable (though my point was that I didn't understand why even the 'star' people have to kind of fish around for information about Logos features).

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS