Word by Word & Preferred English Translation

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 2 2009 4:53 PM

In the Exegetical guide I use NA27 as my translation of choice. I noticed that an English translation appears along side it. For some reason it is the ESV which is not my English transation of choice. Can any one please tell me how to change the english Bible please? I cannot find an option to change it. As an asie, the ESV It is not a prioritised resource.

Thanks in advance.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 5:09 PM

MarkStevens:

In the Exegetical guide I use NA27 as my translation of choice. I noticed that an English translation appears along side it. For some reason it is the ESV which is not my English transation of choice. Can any one please tell me how to change the english Bible please? I cannot find an option to change it. As an asie, the ESV It is not a prioritised resource.

Thanks in advance.

I've never used the exegetical guide since I don't find such things particularly useful (I do my own analysis).  I did, however, check this to see what you were talking about.  It seems that they will allow you to choose which original text (or semi-original text) you will use, but they have determined that the ESV is the inspired version and cannot be altered.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 5:18 PM

George Somsel:
but they have determined that the ESV is the inspired version and cannot be altered

This is what I was afraid of! I would actually prefer NO second translation but if that isn't an option the I would prefer the TNIV or NRSV!

Posts 27420
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 11:14 PM

Or your preferred English bible!

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS