Logos deleted my bible notes!

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 32 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 57
Alexander Hansson | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 18 2012 7:09 AM

This has happened to me once before and I have written about this in the forums once before, but now it is happening again. All my bible notes are deleted! I am hundred percent sure that I didn't do it myself. This specific biblenotes-file is nowhere to be found. All my comments were written in this file. I cannot find it. I have dedicated much time to write comments. And now everything is gone. I am really sad because of this. I hope that you can help me.

Posts 57
Alexander Hansson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2012 7:12 AM

I have tried to search for the file in "Undelete documents".

Posts 5632
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2012 7:14 AM

If you don't see your notes file on the web page that Undelete Documents takes you to:

https://documents.logos.com/?deleted=true

Then you'll probably have to call Customer Support. (800-875-6467)

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 57
Alexander Hansson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2012 7:22 AM

Is that an american number? I can write in english but I am bad at speaking english. Is it possible to get in touch with the support via email or some other method?

Posts 178
Sir Maru | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2012 7:22 AM

Alexander Hansson:

This has happened to me once before and I have written about this in the forums once before, but now it is happening again. All my bible notes are deleted! I am hundred percent sure that I didn't do it myself. This specific biblenotes-file is nowhere to be found. All my comments were written in this file. I cannot find it. I have dedicated much time to write comments. And now everything is gone. I am really sad because of this. I hope that you can help me.

You should export all your notes into a Word file for safety.  Then they can always be copied and pasted back into Logos.  That is especially true if they are very voluminous created over many years.

I keep my notes in Logos, Word and AcroBible.  Plus, my normal backups place them on an external hard disk as well since my usual backup software backs up all Word documents plus everything else in "My Documents."

Posts 25472
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2012 7:25 AM

Alexander Hansson:

Is that an american number? I can write in english but I am bad at speaking english. Is it possible to get in touch with the support via email or some other method?

Contact details - including email addresses - are available at http://www.logos.com/contact

Posts 57
Alexander Hansson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2012 7:31 AM

Thank you for the link to the support email. I have emailed them now and requested them for help.

I also want to thank you "Sir Maru" for giving me the tip to export my notes as a backup. But now it seems to be too late to do that. That specific file is nowhere to be found. I am really sad. :( I did some Arabic word studies etc. Written content that is useful to me. Now it is gone. 

Posts 426
Mary-Ellen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2012 3:22 AM

Broken Heart  Please let us know how this turns out.

Dell XPS 8930/Intel Core i7-8700@3.20GHz/32GB RAM/Win10 Pro

Surface Pro 7/Intel Core i7-1065 G7@1.30GHz/16 GB RAM/Win10 Home

iPad Air/Pixel/Faithlife Connect

Posts 57
Alexander Hansson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2012 8:13 AM

I am really really sad right now because I have undeleted all my documents. But, somehow my document has totally vanished. :'( I feel like crying for real.Crying

Posts 9542
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2012 9:08 AM

Alexander, this is quite strange. If you have already heard from Logos via email I'd write back and explain. In the past Logos folk have sometimes located a file on a backup of their servers. Under the new system I don't know if that is possible and can even be done, but you might ask.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 350
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2012 9:26 AM

If you are using Windows 7 it has an automatic full system backup routine...I have mine set up to go to an external hard disk.  If your system has done your backup your data could possibly be there...I pray it is....

Chuck

Laptop: Lenovo P580 - 15.6" IdeaPad Laptop
 - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Windows 7
 Iphone5s            Logos 7, Bronze

Posts 769
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2012 9:33 AM

While on the subject can we batch export all of our documents to Word or do they have to be done as individual documents?

Posts 57
Alexander Hansson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2012 10:08 AM

I feel helpless. I will travel abroad in two days. But I will contact Logos 5 support again about this in January.

ε(´סּ︵סּ`)з

Posts 57
Alexander Hansson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2012 11:16 AM

hello everyone. Thank you for your help. I was contacted by the support a few minutes ago. It seems like they can help me. I am very glad and I rejoice right now. God bless you all! I am happy now!

Posts 2579
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2012 11:29 AM

Alexander Hansson:

hello everyone. Thank you for your help. I was contacted by the support a few minutes ago. It seems like they can help me. I am very glad and I rejoice right now. God bless you all! I am happy now!

Yes

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 3208
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2012 12:17 PM

Alexander Hansson:

I rejoic with you brother.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2012 12:54 PM

Tes:

Alexander Hansson:

I rejoic with you brother.

Peace to all!                              Logos = A B C D

A - Above and!

B - Beyond the!

C - Call of!

D - Duty!                               Yes!                      *smile*

To the pleasant Staff at Logos Bible Software ...   We present   The ABCD Award - A Basket of Flowers by Renoir - Basket of Flowers - Pierre-Auguste Renoir - 1890

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 57
Alexander Hansson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2012 1:01 PM

Thank you Mr. Tes. :) 

Posts 34366
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2012 1:23 PM

Sir Maru:
You should export all your notes into a Word file for safety. 

May I offer a different opinion? If it is at all practical for you, using an off-site backup product such as Carbonite, provides considerably better protection. Your notes are still available after fire, flood, hurricane, tornado ... as long as you backup is on your premises, your computer goes - your personal work goes. And you don't have to do any extra steps to preserve them. That's what I call a win-win situation.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 64
Sam Pedigo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 7:02 AM

Alexander,

I had the same thing happen yesterday.  Four months worth of Galatians notes gone and undelete did not retrieve them.  Called Logos but didn't get much help.  If you do get your file back please let me know who helped you and what the solution was.

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS