Complaint

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 757
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 22 2012 6:41 PM

Logos 5 was working pretty good, not fast, but pretty stable, scrolling was almost decent. As long as I didn't use the stock passage guide, did not link more than a couple of resources and did not use many visual filters, scrolling was tolerable.

This last update has ruined that. With nothing open except and linked other than a very small passage guide, scrolling is again-Horrible!

it is right on the verge os being completely unusable.

Please get this fixed quickly.

Nothing else on my computer or set-up has changed.

This happened right after indexing from last update.

I just cannot get my mind around why Logos has these issues when nothing else I have ever bought has had these type problems. 

Thank you ahead of time for looking into this.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 7:01 PM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:

Logos 5 was working pretty good, not fast, but pretty stable, scrolling was almost decent. As long as I didn't use the stock passage guide, did not link more than a couple of resources and did not use many visual filters, scrolling was tolerable.

This last update has ruined that. With nothing open except and linked other than a very small passage guide, scrolling is again-Horrible!

it is right on the verge os being completely unusable.

Please get this fixed quickly.

Nothing else on my computer or set-up has changed.

I just cannot get my mind around why Logos has these issues when nothing else I have ever bought has had these type problems. 

Thank you ahead of time for looking into this.

Mac or Windows?

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 9:30 PM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:

Curious what last updated refers to ?  Logos 5.0a SR-3 program was released on Mon 17 Dec 2012 plus a number of resources were updated during the week.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 757
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 23 2012 2:49 AM

Mac. I didn't update till middle of the week, then thought something must be wrong on my end.

Alas, it's just logos. Looking at the other threads I see we still suffer with the install inconsistency .

It is what it is, was just hoping we were past some of this.

Hoping they get this and the opening in a little box and random places on the screen , fixed.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 23 2012 11:55 AM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:
With nothing open except and linked other than a very small passage guide, scrolling is again-Horrible!

Wonder about a screen shot showing what is open whose scrolling is slow ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 757
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 24 2012 6:44 AM

Dear KSFJ : Don't remember how to do the screenshot deal ( will look it up ).

Finally had time to narrow problem down. Directly connected to linking any passage guide. I can use the passage guide as long as I type in my reference point, but if I link it to my Bible panel, scrolling is bad. I went back to a couple of earlier layouts as well, same result.

I have a couple of passage guides set up with minimal resources in them , just the resources I use for those studies- same result. If I link the "stock" passage guide, it's pretty well unusable.

I can manage without linking panels for now. I will also go over my machine again , right after Christmas services are done, clean everything up etc, thus making sure there are no conflicts here. Main thing is that I can still work.

Posts 2527
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 24 2012 6:51 AM

Charles,

In your passage guides, I am assuming that you have all the section expanded. This means that every time you change a verse the entire list of items in the PG populates. I know that this is the default that Logos uses, but I recommend you collapse all the sections and then open the ones you want to view as you need them. Logos should remember that you have the sections collapsed.

I link the PG, Exegetical Guide and Cited By tool to my bibles and have no problems, but I also have every section collapsed in those tools. In addition to smooth scrolling, I am not inundated with data. I can target what I want to view when I want to view it. It makes more sense to my way of study.

See screenshots below:

Posts 757
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 24 2012 7:22 AM

Yes, I do the same John. I have also created my own passage guides with only the resources needed.

I will tripple check again to see if I have messed up a setting.

Thanks.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 24 2012 9:29 PM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:
Don't remember how to do the screenshot deal ( will look it up ).

Wiki has => http://wiki.logos.com/Screenshot

Forum editor has a paper clip; wiki has => http://wiki.logos.com/Using_the_Forum#Adding_a_picture_to_a_Post

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS