Unable to Manually Update

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 3 2009 8:14 PM

I first noticed this issue with the SR7 release.

I normally have internet and alerts turned off, while Auto download updates is ON.

When I am running my normal set up (see above) my L4 WILL NOT auto-download updates

I have to go back and turn internet to ON and restart my program.  Once I do that it auto up-dates but not until then.

Posts 27
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 10:45 PM

Logos 4 Help File: Automatic Updates:

Software updates are automatically detected by Logos 4.

• With Logos 4 open and Automatically Download Updates and Use Internet both enabled in settings, updates to the software will automatically be downloaded to your computer.

• After the download, you may see a prompt to install Updates. Click in that tooltip to begin the update. If you do not see the tooltip, but do see the small, blue Logos icon on the right side of the Windows taskbar, right click on the icon and click on Install Updates.

• The program will automatically close and reopen during the update process.

I have an HP Pavilion dv6500 Notebook PC with an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 2.20 GHz and 2.00 GB Ram and I run Logos fine…
I am a husband, son, and I am an Arabic student. I have a Bachelors of Science in Information Technology.

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 6:45 AM

Josh:

Logos 4 Help File: Automatic Updates:

Software updates are automatically detected by Logos 4.

• With Logos 4 open and Automatically Download Updates and Use Internet both enabled in settings, updates to the software will automatically be downloaded to your computer.

• After the download, you may see a prompt to install Updates. Click in that tooltip to begin the update. If you do not see the tooltip, but do see the small, blue Logos icon on the right side of the Windows taskbar, right click on the icon and click on Install Updates.

• The program will automatically close and reopen during the update process.

I did forget to mention... that with my above senerio, even if I manually try and update it will ALWAYS say "update is not available" even if I know there is one.

I will have to turn on Internet and Auto-Update then restart the program.  So for me MANUALLY up-dateing does NOT work with in the L4 program (I have it on my shortcut bar, but it has yet to find any updates when I click it even if I know there is one out there)

Posts 27
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 10:15 AM

If you have internet on (in logos setup) and then run manual update dose it work?

I have an HP Pavilion dv6500 Notebook PC with an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 2.20 GHz and 2.00 GB Ram and I run Logos fine…
I am a husband, son, and I am an Arabic student. I have a Bachelors of Science in Information Technology.

Posts 27
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 10:22 AM

check out the official response http://community.logos.com/forums/p/4668/36686.aspx#36686 

Posts 26968
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 8:25 PM

Use Internet needs to be ON to get Updates. Auto Download Updates only determines HOW/WHEN you receive them!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS