John Gill’s Commentary

Page 2 of 3 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 59 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 14
Clovis Goncalves | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 29 2013 2:18 PM

Daniel,

Obrigado pelas obras disponibilizadas em seu site. Sou um novo usuário do Logos 5 e estou formando minha biblioteca.

Deus o abençoe,

Clóvis

Posts 158
James William Roberts, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 30 2013 9:07 AM

Thanks.

Try for more files.

https://sites.google.com/a/oldpaths.org.uk/oldpaths-the-sword-of-the-spiritthe-word-of-god--eph-617b/ppb-books-some-ready-index/jamesroberts-docx

https://sites.google.com/a/oldpaths.org.uk/oldpaths-the-sword-of-the-spiritthe-word-of-god--eph-617b/personal-books/jamesroberts-docx

Posts 14
Clovis Goncalves | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 30 2013 7:28 PM

Thanks, for all.

God bless you.

Posts 25
JDC | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2013 6:07 AM

Thank you for this PBB. I have a question, though. I'm using Logos 5, and I compiled this as a commentary, and put it in my priority list. But it still doesn't show up in passage guide searches. Does anyone have any advice on this?

Posts 1724
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2013 10:25 AM

Hi JDC:

Compile it as a Bible Commentary and it will show up in the passage guide.

No longer actively posting. Please remind T-Bone to take his meds.

Posts 25
JDC | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2013 7:07 PM

Thanks. But like I said, I did compile it as a commentary, and it doesn't show up in the passage guide.  Maybe I should look at it again when I get a chance. Is there a difference between compiling as a commentary and compiling as a bible commentary?

Posts 1724
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2013 7:54 PM

JDC:
Is there a difference between compiling as a commentary and compiling as a bible commentary?

Yes, there is, and I think that is your issue. I think the difference is that "Bible Commentary" as a Personal Book Type identifies strictly a commentary on a Bible book, passage, etc. A "Commentary" as a Personal Book Type would be used for commentaries on other materials, like the Westminster Confession, the London Baptist Confession, Aquinas, Augustine, etc. I hope others will correct this if my assumption is wrong and/or offer additional clarification.

But for the practical issue at hand, use "Bible Commentary" (and tag the passage citations) and your PB will be useful in a passage guide.

Posts 9008
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 28 2013 5:23 AM

Robert M. Warren:

JDC:
Is there a difference between compiling as a commentary and compiling as a bible commentary?

Yes, there is, and I think that is your issue. I think the difference is that "Bible Commentary" as a Personal Book Type identifies strictly a commentary on a Bible book, passage, etc. A "Commentary" as a Personal Book Type would be used for commentaries on other materials, like the Westminster Confession, the London Baptist Confession, Aquinas, Augustine, etc. I hope others will correct this if my assumption is wrong and/or offer additional clarification.

But for the practical issue at hand, use "Bible Commentary" (and tag the passage citations) and your PB will be useful in a passage guide.

I made the mistake of tagging many of my Bible Commentaries simply as Commentary when I first compiled many of my Personal Books. I had to go back and re-compile them all one I noticed what I had done. It is important to get this right.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 25
JDC | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 28 2013 6:10 AM

Robert M. Warren:

JDC:

Wow. I see that now. Thanks for your help. I was getting frustrated with that and hoping it wasn't going to take changing all the milestones for every verse in the Bible or something. Now when I get a chance, I just need to figure out how to remove the bad one so I can recompile it.

Thank you very much.

Posts 9008
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 28 2013 6:20 AM

JDC:
Now when I get a chance, I just need to figure out how to remove the bad one so I can recompile it.

All you need to do is edit the PB, make the changes and then re-compile the book.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 277
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 28 2013 6:24 AM

Good, very nice, thanks very much.

2 Peter 3:18  But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Posts 571
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 28 2013 6:52 AM
Thanks. Yes
Posts 25
JDC | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 29 2013 9:33 AM

Bruce Dunning:

JDC:
Now when I get a chance, I just need to figure out how to remove the bad one so I can recompile it.

All you need to do is edit the PB, make the changes and then re-compile the book.

Thank you very much. It worked perfectly.

Posts 9008
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 29 2013 5:34 PM

JDC:

Bruce Dunning:

JDC:

Thank you very much. It worked perfectly.

You are welcome. They have made it very easy to update.

Posts 1501
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 29 2013 6:26 PM

Just DLed the file and Logos is currently converting it (though rather slowly)...thanks!

Posts 32
Matt Jarka | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 11 2014 9:17 AM

Thanks Daniel!  Has the commentary been moved?  The link doesn't work.  Thank you.

-Matt

Posts 1724
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 12 2014 1:32 PM

Matt Jarka:
Has the commentary been moved?  The link doesn't work.

Hi Matt:

In case Daniel doesn't check the forum soon, and since I know you're probably eager to use his fine work on this, I have uploaded a copy to Dropbox.

Here's the link:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/50z77lbnq6x5pmz/Gill%20-%20Whiole.docx 

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 12 2014 1:59 PM

Many thanks for this.

Posts 32
Matt Jarka | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 12 2014 6:57 PM

Thank you Robert; I appreciate your help.

-Matt

Posts 32
Matt Jarka | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 12 2014 7:03 PM

And thank you Daniel!

Page 2 of 3 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS