Logos backup and customer service stinks

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1
aubrey gouws | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 30 2012 10:57 AM

I dont know if it is because i am South African, but since logos left sa and we must

work through the usa their after sales service and backup support is the worse i as an SA citzen have ever experienced!

When they do reply to you emails it is abrupt and totally beside the point, and i wonder what type of person cant

understand the most basic questions.  Sometime they never come back and sometimes they make you out as an idiot.

I have tried to reinstall after a computer crash but i need all my logos licences, but now after a month of begging i dont know what to do anymore.  And dont tell me it's because it is christmas and holiday time.

I am really sorry that i spent about R60 000 - 00 on programs thay is realy useless to me because nobody at logos wil or can attend to your questions

yerbua swuog

Posts 9561
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 30 2012 11:09 AM

Welcome to the forums Aubrey. I am sorry to hear that you have not had good customer service. I live in Canada and have nothing but praise for the customer service that I have received from Logos over the years and I know many others that share my perspective.

I hope you are able to get your issues solved quickly.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 30 2012 11:19 AM

Hi Aubrey

You're correct. Logos struggles to answer emails.  They're oriented to telephone calls (which often require about 1-2 minutes wait) and their mission statement, last time I looked, emphasized North America.

However, if you get us started with more information, maybe we can help?  Also there's several forum members who live in South Africa (and may be telephone-able).

I'm guessing you're on Libronix, since you're mentioning licenses?  Or Logos4?

If Libronix, Is it safe to assume you bought it on a CD?  And if so did you syncronize on the internet? And if so are you using your same Logos account?

There's more questions, but these would be helpful in order to get a solution.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 6710
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 30 2012 11:22 AM

Which version of Logos are you trying to reinstall? If you are trying to reinstall L4 or L5 then go here. http://wiki.logos.com/search.aspx?q=installing+onto+multiple+computers

You do not need your licenses once it was synced via the internet. Just download and sign in.

If this does not answer your question post here again.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 31976
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 30 2012 11:34 AM

Welcome Aubrey -

Email customer service is slower and less effective than either the forums or the phone/Skype regardless of company. But if you answer DMB's questions, we should be able to get you up and running.

If you need your licenses and are running Libronix the license numbers should be on the packaging of your disks. If you need your licenses and are running Logos 4/5, you need to log in to the Logos server to get your licenses. These answers are so different you can see why we need to know the version and the operating system before we can really start to help.

Put the information here in the forums and I'm sure someone will get back to you.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS