Cannot add file to the shortcut in windows 7

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 27
Randy Leinen | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 31 2012 4:58 PM

When trying to add a file from Windows Explorer to the shortcut bar, Logos does not allow it. The drag/drop icon just shows the "no" symbol. Any ideas?

Posts 27437
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2012 6:16 PM

It is meant for shortcuts to items in Logos only eg. resources, documents, guides, tools.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 27
Randy Leinen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2012 6:21 PM

I saw a video from Morris Proctor where he did this in Logos 4. Is it no longer possible in Logos 5?

Posts 25477
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:14 PM

Hi Randy

Randy Leinen:

I saw a video from Morris Proctor where he did this in Logos 4. Is it no longer possible in Logos 5?

It is possible in L5. I have just tried it successfully with a PDF file and then activated it which launched a PDF viewer containing the document.

What type of file are you trying to add as a shortcut?

Graham

Posts 9159
LogosEmployee

The drag-and-drop may fail if you're running Logos 5 elevated ("Run as administrator"). (This is a security feature of Windows, to prevent non-elevated programs communicating with elevated ones.)

Logos 5 was designed to run non-elevated, so we do not recommend running it as an administrator.

Posts 27
Randy Leinen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2013 11:29 AM

Bradley, that's exactly it. This leads me to another question. Is there anything else that will happen negatively as a result of running it as administrator? Or, is there anything negative that will happen if I run it normally, even though I installed it in the c:\logos directory instead of the user directory?

Posts 27437
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2013 2:26 PM

Randy Leinen:
Or, is there anything negative that will happen if I run it normally, even though I installed it in the c:\logos directory instead of the user directory?

You only get side-effects if you use Admin privilege ("run as Administrator"); a custom install is fine.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 27437
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2013 2:28 PM

Graham Criddle:
It is possible in L5. I have just tried it successfully with a PDF file and then activated it which launched a PDF viewer containing the document.

Thanks, Graham.

The Logos Help file should be updated to reflect this.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS