Joining groups

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1
Aaron | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 2 2013 4:47 AM

How do you join an existing group. I don't see where they are listed.

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 5:09 AM

Welcome to the forums, Aaron!

Are you wanting to know about Faithlife groups? There isn't really a "list of groups," because the intent is for the groups to be "real life" groups (i.e. "people from church"). There are some groups which don't fall into that category, however. What are you looking for?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 5:54 AM

If you go to the Logos website, click on your name in the upper right corner (assuming you'v'e logged in), click "Account Settings" then "Groups" you will see what groups you are already a member of (probably none at the moment). There's a search box there where you can search for groups, but there's no way to browse through all existing groups. And the search hits are limited to 10. And you can only find open groups this way. I have yet to find any useful groups by searching around for interesting keywords. All that come up are dozens and dozens of names of groups with zero members, tied to specific churches in some other locale.

Best way to find out about other groups is join one of the more popular groups and then look for mentions of other ones among the posts there. Some of the non-local ones I know about are:

If anyone knows of others of this nature (open to anyone and not tied to a specific church or location) please list them here. Maybe we should have a list of known ones on the wiki. Better yet, Logos should make a better way to navigate and find interesting groups (search for all open groups with N or more members, for example).

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS