LEB OT and info screen

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 214
Anthony U | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 2 2013 4:47 AM

It seems that when I click on a word in the LEB OT nothing comes up in the info screen.  However, when I click on a word in the LEB NT my dictionaries come up with the info I'm looking for.  Is there something I'm doing wrong or is the LEB OT not set up for this?

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 5:16 AM

The LEB OT interlinear is not working yet.

Posts 214
Anthony U | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 6:19 AM

Thanks Fred, but I was not referring to the interlinear.  I just have the LEB open in the OT and am trying to click on a word and see what the info panel has to say about it.  All that comes up is a DBT (Dictionary of bible themes) entry.  I was hoping my preferred dictionary entry would pop up like when I have the NT open in my LEB.  Any ideas?

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 7:49 AM

Fredc:
The LEB OT interlinear is not working yet.

Peace, Fred!          Thanks for the info!          *smile*

My LEB also doesn't have its "speaker labels" working.                   I'm assuming that is also a part of what you shared!             *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 7:49 AM

'Something's not right on yours Anthony. Just for comparison, on mine in LEB Joshua, clicking on 'Gilgal' brings up my Anchor dictionary. Clicking on YHWH brings up the Deities/Demons dictionary, etc. depending on the prioritizations. It also shows the little notes in the respective verse. Is the issue in your settings (info panel)?

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 7:54 AM

Peace to all!

To confirm:                 

Along with DMB my Anchor Yale Bible Dictionary is very properly available to the LEB!    *smile*

Edit:

BTW - Has anyone been able to have the speaker labels work in LEB, e.g. Genesis 37:32

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 214
Anthony U | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 8:07 AM

I don't have the Anchor Dictionary, but I do get an entry from my Dictionary of Bible Themes.  I've set up my priority to use: Complete Word Study Dictionary: Old Testament, but that doesn't come up.  Does that not work with the LEB??  I'm just looking to see the definitions and Strong's numbers for the words I select.

Posts 30488
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 8:16 AM

Anthony U:
I'm just looking to see the definitions and Strong's numbers for the words I select.

… and that is directly related to having the reverse interlinear.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 214
Anthony U | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 8:37 AM

I'm probably not explaining this correctly.  When I have the LEB open in the NT (no interlinear open) and click on ANY word, it comes up in my info panel which is also open.  The info panel shows me the entry of the word I clicked in the Complete Word Study Dictionary NT, the Strongs entry, etc.  This is not the case when I click on any word in the LEB OT.  All I get is the Dictionary of Bible Themes.  Does that help?

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 8:53 AM

Ok ... now 'I' understand.  The above answers are correct ... you need the interlinear (which LEB OT doesn't have yet). The data BEHIND the LEB words allows the lookup to your Word Study dictionary, etc. using Strongs numbers, etc. (which the LEB OT presently doesn't have).

When I answered, it was just doing a 'general' lookup ... and so one or more general dictionaries (as with yours).

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 30488
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 8:56 AM

Anthony U:
When I have the LEB open in the NT (no interlinear open) and click on ANY word

You don't have to have an "interlinear open" - it is either there or it isn't. The information that you get in the info panel for the ESV, for example, comes from various sources including the ESV reverse interlinear. Since the LEB doesn't have this for the OT, this info will not appear. The strongs info must come from somewhere. The "somewhere" is the reverse interlinear.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 25777
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 10:07 AM

Hi Milford

Milford Charles Murray:
My LEB also doesn't have its "speaker labels" working.                   I'm assuming that is also a part of what you shared!             *smile*

Just to pick up on this.

As you are probably aware "speaker labels" are dependent on RI capability so this is why they don't appear.

I wanted to clarify this for others seeing this thread

Graham 

Posts 214
Anthony U | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 10:23 AM

thank you!  I have to wait for the LEB OT interlinear to come out so I can do what I'm asking.  I'll use the ESV for now - thanks again.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS