Irving Jensen's Do-It-Yourself Bible Study Guides

Page 7 of 8 (145 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next >
This post has 144 Replies | 14 Followers

Posts 294
Debra W Bouey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 14 2017 2:09 PM

YesYesBig SmileYesYes

. . . and so forth!!!

Kenute P. Curry:

Thank you, thank you, thank you Cynthia in FloridaKaren Jensen Collins, and FAITHLIFE.

These IRVING JENSEN resources are absolutely amazing! I am so please and delighted with them! Hallelujah Jesus!!!!

Lenovo P72: Intel 8th Gen i7-8750H 6-core, 32GB RAM, 2TB HDD + 1TB Sata SSD, 17.3" FHD 1920x1080, NVIDIA Quadro P600 4GB, Win 10 Pro

Posts 40
Karen Jensen Collins | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 14 2017 2:25 PM

So happy to hear that, Kenute! Thank you!

Posts 443
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 15 2017 6:11 PM

I have been waiting for these for a long time. Karen, thanks for your persistence. I am sure many will benefit from your father's work. I certainly have.

Posts 476
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2018 12:08 AM

Anyone know why these were pulled for sale??

Also there are 3 more on pre-pub (however 2 co was released before??)

https://www.logos.com/product/150651/do-it-yourself-bible-studies-upgrade

Posts 4914
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2018 2:14 AM

Travis Walter:

That is a real shame if these have been pulled. Glad I picked them up on prepub.

Travis Walter:

Travis Jensen had two different types of Study Guides

1) Self Study Guides and

2) Do it Yourself Study Guides

Previously the self study guide for 2 Corinthians was available. What is being offered here is the Do it Yourself Study Guide,

Posts 4914
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2018 2:14 AM

Travis Walter:

That is a real shame if these have been pulled. Glad I picked them up on prepub.

Travis Walter:

Travis Jensen had two different types of Study Guides

1) Self Study Guides and

2) Do it Yourself Study Guides

Previously the self study guide for 2 Corinthians was available. What is being offered here is the Do it Yourself Study Guide,

Posts 40
Karen Jensen Collins | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2018 4:52 AM

Thanks, Travis and Doc, re: this question!

Those 2 additional DIY books were inadvertently left out of the original collection (my error, not Faithlife's), so they are adding them to the Collection. My guess is that they are waiting until the 2 additional books are released before they make the Collection available again, but I'm awaiting a response from them this morning.

And we can consider the Self-Study Guide for 2 Cor an extra bonus in the Collection, because it wasn't supposed to be there! (All of those series titles are still in print at Moody Publishers.)

Hope this makes sense!

Karen

Posts 9966
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2018 4:54 AM

Karen Jensen Collins:
Those 2 additional DIY books were inadvertently left out of the original collection (my error, not Faithlife's), so they are adding them to the Collection. My guess is that they are waiting until the 2 additional books are released before they make the Collection available again, but I'm awaiting a response from them this morning.

Thanks!

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 476
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2018 9:48 AM

Thanks for the clarifications.  I missed the difference between the versions.

Posts 4914
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2018 10:53 AM

Thanks Karen, I have almost all but not quite the full set of the self study guides in print. Hopefully one day we will see them in Logos also.

Karen Jensen Collins:

Thanks, Travis and Doc, re: this question!

And we can consider the Self-Study Guide for 2 Cor an extra bonus in the Collection, because it wasn't supposed to be there! (All of those series titles are still in print at Moody Publishers.)

Hope this makes sense!

Karen

Posts 40
Karen Jensen Collins | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 14 2018 1:02 PM

Okay, I have the official word from Faithlife about the Jensen Collection:

It will only be unavailable while they remove the Moody book: 2 Corinthians Self-Study Guide. Then it will be made available again. The 2 additional books will be sold together as an upgrade and not as a part of the big collection, at least for now while in pre-pub, so that customers who purchased the original collection will be able to complete their collection of the Do-It-Yourself Bible Study Guides.

Hope that makes sense!

Karen

Posts 4914
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 14 2018 1:07 PM

Makes perfect sense now knowing about the required change to package. Thanks Karen.

Posts 9966
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 14 2018 1:31 PM

Karen Jensen Collins:

The 2 additional books will be sold together as an upgrade and not as a part of the big collection, at least for now while in pre-pub, so that customers who purchased the original collection will be able to complete their collection of the Do-It-Yourself Bible Study Guides.

Hope that makes sense!

Very much so. On the other hand, for those who (like me) did not purchase the full original collection back then, but only the textbook, this upgrade with the Jensen DIY Bible studies on the two major epistles Romans and Galatians (and 2 Corinthians thrown in for good measure) - and all of this for less than $5 ! - is a great way to see the books work in Logos, so it makes super sense for me to buy the upgrade because I am not (yet) an owner of the original collection.

So I hope many more will come to the same conclusion and get this into production really fast.

NB: Recently I got my hands on a couple of the printed books: I must admit that the wealth of information put into the print version on each page (surely to save space) can become overwhelming, it's so much better to have those in Logos format. Thanks again for making this happen, it's a great story!

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 14 2018 1:58 PM

NB.Mick:

So I hope many more will come to the same conclusion and get this into production really fast.

Indeed! Thanks for the link. I bought the textbook but wasn't able to get the collection; I'm happy for the opportunity to check out the studies for only $4.99 Yes

Posts 476
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 14 2018 4:05 PM

Karen Jensen Collins:

Okay, I have the official word from Faithlife about the Jensen Collection:

It will only be unavailable while they remove the Moody book: 2 Corinthians Self-Study Guide. Then it will be made available again. The 2 additional books will be sold together as an upgrade and not as a part of the big collection, at least for now while in pre-pub, so that customers who purchased the original collection will be able to complete their collection of the Do-It-Yourself Bible Study Guides.

Hope that makes sense!

Karen

Did you happen to get clarification on those who have the collection, will we lose access to the Moody - 2 Corinthians Self-Study Guide??

Posts 9966
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 14 2018 5:05 PM

Travis Walter:
will we lose access to the Moody - 2 Corinthians Self-Study Guide??

Why would you lose access to something you paid for?

Posts 6321
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 14 2018 5:20 PM

NB.Mick:

Karen Jensen Collins:

The 2 additional books will be sold together as an upgrade and not as a part of the big collection, at least for now while in pre-pub, so that customers who purchased the original collection will be able to complete their collection of the Do-It-Yourself Bible Study Guides.

Hope that makes sense!

Very much so. On the other hand, for those who (like me) did not purchase the full original collection back then, but only the textbook, this upgrade with the Jensen DIY Bible studies on the two major epistles Romans and Galatians (and 2 Corinthians thrown in for good measure) - and all of this for less than $5 ! - is a great way to see the books work in Logos, so it makes super sense for me to buy the upgrade because I am not (yet) an owner of the original collection.

NB: Recently I got my hands on a couple of the printed books: I must admit that the wealth of information put into the print version on each page (surely to save space) can become overwhelming, it's so much better to have those in Logos format. Thanks again for making this happen, it's a great story!

Great idea! I bought the textbook but returned the collection. I didn’t have time to look over it, so for $4.99 it’s a good way to keep the upgrade and evaluate the material with plenty of time, not just 30 days. I had to much going on, so my best option was to return it.

If the upgrade proves to be worth it I can always buy back the entire collection.

DAL

Posts 476
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2018 8:53 AM

NB.Mick:

Travis Walter:

I've seen stranger things from Faithlife.

Posts 861
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2018 8:58 AM

Travis Walter:

NB.Mick:

Travis Walter:

I've seen stranger things from Faithlife.

You won't lose access to a book you already own--ever.

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2018 10:19 AM

NB.Mick:
for those who (like me) did not purchase the full original collection back then, but only the textbook, this upgrade with the Jensen DIY Bible studies on the two major epistles Romans and Galatians (and 2 Corinthians thrown in for good measure) - and all of this for less than $5 ! - is a great way to see the books work in Logos, so it makes super sense for me to buy the upgrade because I am not (yet) an owner of the original collection.

This describes me as well.

NB.Mick:

I just jumped in after reading this post. It is one step closer.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 7 of 8 (145 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > | RSS