Note with Quotations

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 19
Daniel Gomes Silveira | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 4 2013 11:45 AM

How do I create a note file with full quotations from books that I am reading?

I am asking this because when I highlight some text in any given book, and then choose to "Add a note to...", it only adds a snippet of the selected text in the note file (see image bellow). What I really wanted was to have the whole selected text in the note file so that I could print the note file latter and read all the quotations that I have collected from my resources.

Thanks.

Posts 27767
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 4 2013 11:50 AM

Daniel Gomes Silveira:
How do I create a note file with full quotations from books that I am reading?

Copy & Paste. The "snippet" is actually the title line of the note… there isn't currently a "quote" view for notes/highlights.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 26740
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 4 2013 12:34 PM

Another option is to use clippings rather than notes. That will give you the quotation and allow you to attach your own comments.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 19
Daniel Gomes Silveira | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 4 2013 1:56 PM

Sounds good, but... there is something inconsistent with the iPad app.

If I create a "note" in the iPad, logos will use the full quotation as the title of the note (which is what I wanted since the beginning)

On the other hand, there is no "clipping" capability in the iPad app. 

So, it seems that there is no consistent way to take reading "notes/clippings" when using the Mac app and the iPad app at the same time. Am I right?

Posts 27767
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 4 2013 2:04 PM

Daniel Gomes Silveira:
If I create a "note" in the iPad, logos will use the full quotation as the title of the note (which is what I wanted since the beginning)

Correct. That is considered a "bug," (or limitation of the iOS app) by Logos.

Daniel Gomes Silveira:
On the other hand, there is no "clipping" capability in the iPad app.

Correct. 

Daniel Gomes Silveira:
So, it seems that there is no consistent way to take reading "notes/clippings" when using the Mac app and the iPad app at the same time. Am I right?

You would have to use my cut & paste method described above.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 19
Daniel Gomes Silveira | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 4 2013 8:30 PM
That is very frustrating... this simply reduces the iPad app to a basic e-reader. I hope they work on that soon.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS