Need help building a work space for background information, what should go, what should stay.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 18
Eric Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 7 2013 10:31 AM

As a layman, teaching both Junior High School, and High School students, I find it necessary to gather background information for whatever project I may be working on. Herein lies my problem. There is so much good information, and such a massive set of tools to work with, that it is actually harder for me to complete a lesson, on any given topic. I have for many years kept a background file for each of the 66 books of the bible, and then added my own commentary on any given subject or topic. However, as my library continues to grow with over 3200 books to work with, I find it necessary to update my background information more and more often. I currently use about 175 of these books on a regular basis, which includes the use a Study Bible, an atlas, charts, maps and graphs, commentary, study helps and such, along with the power tools of Logos Bible software, which are also ever expanding. The power of Logos software and the amazing richness of available tools has lead me to question if I should be looking at additional resources. So now that the background information is laid out my questions are a follows:

But what should I really be using to prepare a solid background Information file?

And what would a usable workspace look like? 

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Posts 6720
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 7 2013 10:41 AM

Can you be more specific about the subject that you teach. What books do you have? Dictionaries, Commentaries etc.. Any particular faith tradition that you approach your lesson from?

Here is one of mine on the New Testament In the left frame are my Bibles, In  the frame next to it are my commentaries and at the bottom are dicionaries. (Bible and general). At the far right are info pane,  community notes, compare passages and at the bottom is the power lookup.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS